Apr 20, 2024, 05:55 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Eccleston - Tenant Console Room

Started by robm, Oct 08, 2011, 08:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

robm

Oct 08, 2011, 08:01 pm Last Edit: Oct 16, 2012, 04:44 pm by Scarfwearer
When i move home, i plan to do one room like the Eccleston /Tenant console room, are there any build plans availiable anywhere either accurate or approximated. Thanks Yawl.
"Geronimo"

galacticprobe

Oct 09, 2011, 04:59 am #1 Last Edit: Oct 09, 2011, 05:03 am by galacticprobe
You've probably already seen that we have plenty of reference photos for the console here http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=58.0. Rough guess for the console's size (plenty of discussion on that as well) is 6 feet in diameter (the rim, a little wider for the ribs) with a 1 foot diameter central column: I haven't figured out the height of the "glass" part of the column yet, but that should be easy using the 1 foot measure from its diameter. As to the room itself, I think I read in "Doctor Who, The Inside Story" (don't quote me on that specific book - I've read a lot of various references) that its dome was about 18 feet high and 35 feet in diameter at the base at some point; whether that was before they moved studios or after I can't remember, but they had more room after moving so the room got a bit larger.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

robhowdle

I hope to do something like this as well, what do you plan on doing lighting wise? I am a music tech student as well as electronics and media so I hope to use all my skills in live sound and lighting to light my room, I was tihnking getting a few LED lights on my wall and have a clear plastic with some other colours on so it can shine through and maybe an Astable Circuit to control the lights. A lot of work but worth it!!

Rob
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor