Apr 16, 2024, 07:25 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Scarfwearer's Season 14 Wooden Console

Started by Scarfwearer, Sep 23, 2009, 08:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarfwearer

40" is corner to corner - the flat dimension is 34" or 2'10". It's clearly not going to work well against a wall though! But if prop building had to be practical we'd never get started...

Crispin

rustymetaldog

...Did I mention yet how fantastic this build is? You're doing an amazing job (as usual) Crispin!

You've totally got the feeling of "here's the orginal thing 30 years later" it looks absolutely great. Nice one.

Cheers,

Andy
Build high for happiness :)

too_many_cars

This build is a work of art!  It's very inspiring how well you were able to make all of the compound mitre cuts look so clean when there's no paint to hide your mistakes with.

Once I finish up the work on the 1996 console and make a police box to go with it I'm tempted to make one of these to put in my library... it would be just the right size for a really neat reading table!

--Brian

ThisJustinOnline

Still one of my favourite builds! I want to make one myself sometime, the compact size is great!

the mister

this is incredibly accurate and detailed! You have given me a complete appreciation of this console. It's so cool and vintage-like   :D

atomicgraph

smashing build crispin, i hadn't realized that you were this far along on it. i don't know what else to say but this is really a work of art and great craftsman ship on your part. its simply beautiful!

DarthMoose74

WOW! I did not know you built this one as well! Great work! Great work! So when are you going to make a fan vid with this one? lol

Mark

This is yet another amazing build Scarfwearer, I am always amazed by the speed, accuracy and ingenuity you give these builds.

Did you say this was going in your Study? If so, does this mean your study will end up having wooden clad walls with stained glass roundels?

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Scarfwearer

It's a nice idea - I might even manage to do some of it eventually!
It's not a speedy build though - I celebrated its second birthday some months back and it's certainly not finished yet...

Crispin

Rassilons Rod

Did you celebrate with the contents of the plinth? ;)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Scarfwearer

Well I would have, but the drinks cabinet plinth is a much more recent innovation... :)

Crispin

Rassilons Rod

Do you do partial or monthly anniversaries? :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Vale

Can't really add more to the praise above, except to say: I've always had a soft spot for the season 14 console, and this is AWESOME. Do you take commissions? ;)

galacticprobe

Feb 02, 2012, 08:39 am #329 Last Edit: Feb 02, 2012, 08:41 am by galacticprobe
I've already asked him about that, and he said only if they come from MI6 and with a 00 ("Double-Oh") license (and the key to Moneypenny's apartment ;)).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"