Apr 26, 2024, 08:30 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

References for The 8th Doctor's Costume

Started by greatwazoo42, May 07, 2011, 06:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lswl

May 28, 2011, 02:09 pm #30 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:04 pm by Scarfwearer
Why can't they use the original, it makes it so much harder for us to replicate it!

DoctorWho8

It's owned by a private collector.  So if that's the case, that person probably doesn't want it to go on public display in fear it gets ruined.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

davidnagel

Just dropping in to say there was a convention in the US, where the original McGann costume and McCoy costume appeared on display. Lots images available, might put some here for reference here.
Regards
David

greatwazoo42

If I'm allowed to I will.  I think a lot of the reference photos taken were done with permission and I don't want to overstep the owner's preferences. 

davidnagel

I was talking about Bob's images, given he's posted them over at Livejournal, I *think* its OK to reuse here?
Regards
David

greatwazoo42

galacticprobe

Oct 14, 2012, 03:51 pm #36 Last Edit: Oct 14, 2012, 03:54 pm by galacticprobe
Bob is pretty good about letting people transcribe his posts, such as I did with his blog on the TVM console restoration, which is an article here http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=3413.msg37434#msg37434. All he asks is that you include the links to his original posts when you transcribe them. So I'm confident that if you ask him he'll give permission for you to transcribe his "Con Report", which does have some great info on the 7th and 8th Doctor costumes. (I gave him some updated links for the 4th Doctor's Costume Breakdown on the LiveJournal Comm the other day and it took a few days to hear back from him. He is rather busy with many things at the moment, some of them personal, so don't be surprised if he takes a couple of days to answer you.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Kingpin

From Propstore's Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction:

05b.jpg
06b.jpg

The full-size photos can be seen here: LINK

russellsuthern

Nice pics.

I did like the 8th Doctors costume.
Especially the coat.

Thanks for posting.

Russell

Vale

Quote from: Rassilons Rod on May 28, 2011, 10:11 amI got some images of the costume on display at the Experience recently. The buttons aren't the same. I guess it's hard to know how much of this might be authentic... or not, but anyway...

Picture 070.jpg
Picture 071.jpg
Picture 072.jpg
Picture 073.jpg

Late to the party on this one perhaps, but when I went to the Experience in 2016 they'd changed up the replica 8th Doctor costume. Most notably it had a different waistcoat.

IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: Kingpin on May 25, 2022, 09:18 pmFrom Propstore's Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction:

05b.jpg
06b.jpg

The full-size photos can be seen here: LINK
Oooh Good spot! thanks for sharing