Apr 19, 2024, 11:30 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Type 97 TARDIS Interior (Inside the shed)

Started by LMC97, Apr 22, 2017, 11:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LMC97

Apr 22, 2017, 11:07 am Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017, 11:09 am by LMC97
So...since the exterior is so close to being finished, we are starting to focus on the interior. Currently, the inside of the shed is being used to store TARDIS parts and 10 garden lamps. So far, the entire shed has been insulated and now my stepdad Matt is working on the walls of the tunnel. We plan to cover the walls of the tunnel and only the tunnel with pipe insulation.
IMGP0257.JPGIMGP0261.JPG

Currently, that's all we have so far. We plan to add a second window to the shed to allow more light in. That and also I like things symmetrical.

That's all for now.

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Apr 22, 2017, 08:24 pm #1 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017, 08:31 pm by LMC97
Day 1

As mention before, we are going to have pipe insulation on the tunnel walls and ceiling so Matt started work on them while I was focusing on the exterior. The idea is to have the insulation split into sections  he liked call "Tiles". This is so if the insulation was damaged, the section can be replaced. Here are some photos of the sections being made. These were taken a while ago.
IMGP0190.JPGIMGP0193.JPGIMGP0194.JPGIMGP0181.JPG

Today, we completed the frame that goes around the tunnel.
IMGP0275.JPGIMGP0274.JPG
Since the sections are completed, the insulation can be cut and glued on.

That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Apr 25, 2017, 07:58 pm #2 Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 08:05 pm by LMC97
Day 2

Today, Matt had been really bust. He has cut all the pipe insulation to completely file the tunnel walls and ceiling. He made a jig that made cutting the insulation in half like a knife through butter. Photos may be blurry and may have low quality due to poor lighting conditions.

IMGP0301.JPGIMGP0304.JPGIMGP0302.JPGIMGP0303.JPG

At the end of the day, he stacked them up so they are not glued yet.

IMGP0299.JPGIMGP0300.JPG

That's all for now.

LMC :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

May 18, 2017, 06:03 pm #3 Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:22 pm by LMC97
Day 3

Since I haven't updated anything for a while, I thought I should make another tunnel update. The insulation is all finally glued on so now we don't have to put it back up every time it falls down. It was a rare occasion opening the door without seeing a pile of insulation on the floor.
IMGP0376.JPG
Also, the screw holes on the other side of the doors have been filled in so it won't be long until we can paint the back of the door. I hope to have white for the back of the doors with a blue door frame. Bit like what they had in the Pond console room.
IMGP0375.JPGIMGP0373.JPG
We also replaced the bolt on the second cubby door with a better latch that makes it look neater.
IMGP0374.JPG
Finally, I was considering where to put the commissioning plate. The best place to put it would be the console but if we do have a console, it maybe quite small as we are limited in space. So I was thinking that we could put the plate above the entrance of the tunnel.
IMGP0380.JPG
That will be something to consider in the future. Now the tunnel is done, we can focus on what to have in the main interior.

That's all for now.

LMC :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

The14thDr

That insulation tunnel looks great!! (I've always admired that part of the current console room - so simple in its execution, yet really effective in creating a suitably futuristic entranceway into the rest of the console room)

And I'm loving the commissioning plaque; I think it would look perfect above the entrance.

Looking forward to seeing this one develop.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

LMC97

Jun 06, 2017, 02:58 pm #5 Last Edit: Jun 06, 2017, 03:10 pm by LMC97
Thought, I should merge the updates together.

Day 4

On day 4, the back of the doors where given a white undercoat.
IMGP0394.JPGIMGP0393.JPGIMGP0395.JPG

Day 5

The back of the doors were given a second coat including the cubby. The frame also received and grey undercoat. (These photos were taken later in the evening)
IMGP0401.JPG
The tunnel frame received a white undercoat.
IMGP0402.JPGIMGP0403.JPG
And the inside of the cubby was also painted.
IMGP0407.JPG
What's next to do is plan what to have for the interior and paint the door frame blue. We are just waiting for British weather to become dryer...so the next update would most likely be a week from now  ;D.

That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Jun 13, 2017, 07:46 pm #6 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2017, 07:51 pm by LMC97
Day 6

The entire inside of the box has been undercoated by Matt.
The ceiling.
IMGP0030.JPG
The walls.
IMGP0031.JPGIMGP0032.JPG

Apparently, the second window shall be installed tomorrow and it and the other window can be opened which is good as it gets quite hot in there.

That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

The14thDr

Nice work! I like where this one is headed! :)
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Senseidale

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

LMC97

Next stop, EVERYWHERE