Apr 16, 2024, 12:38 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

klee9s build

Started by klee9, May 03, 2011, 11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rasilon1

That's one very nice mutt  :D and I very much like you workmanship, I can tell by you wirering,  ;D I just can't seem to get that rite, no matter how hard I try.  :'(

slidin_sidewayz

You said the head is sitting on a shelf. Does that mean you molded a new one? Beautiful work, by the way. :)

klee9

Thanks, guys for comments,
yes the wiring was fiddely but trying to go for a tidy but workable inside,
and i had one head but it was too flimsy so a made a second one moulded. ;)

The Signalman

Your prop is truly one of the best i have seen, massive well done.

Hope to be starting my own K9 over the next few weeks, but will struggle to match your standard.

More prop builds please.

Wes.

davhoo

He is gorgeous!!  Just started mine and am wandering the interwebs trying to figure out how to do electronics, make the ears and tail, etc.  So much knowledge I don't have!

timewomble

I don't have any electronics knowledge, but I've been playing around with an Arduino, using various online tutorials for wiring up buttons, lights, small motors, etc.

klee9

Hi There, sorry not been on here for a while, but really nice to see the great comments posted,
many thanks all, been tinkering and teaching myself bits, and finally got all the rs buttons to flash
in a sequence, bought and adapted a very simple sequenser kit, (if any one needs details on the kit would
be happy to provide) also updated eyeplate and sucker,as well as making a new longer wider collar,
and fitted a digital display behind his screen,

updated photo.

thanks again for the comments.IMG_1028.JPG

The Signalman

Sep 05, 2013, 09:30 pm #37 Last Edit: Sep 05, 2013, 11:17 pm by wes
Hello klee 9,

Great build, what paint did you use?
building  a K9 for the garden to sit next to my box, need to use some kind of exterior paint.

Thanks,
Wes.

galacticprobe

Sep 06, 2013, 05:24 am #38 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2013, 05:24 am by galacticprobe
That's a fine-looking "dog" you've got there, klee9! (And I'd bet he's sturdier than the original, too, from what I've read of it.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

klee9

Aug 29, 2018, 11:11 am #39 Last Edit: Aug 29, 2018, 11:11 am by klee9
After a long break finally decided to give the dog a respray and adress some cracks and re size the screen etc!!
Its mad how much you forget about spraying filling etc when you havent done it for a few years!!
looking for a new option for the gun now if anyone can suggest anything?image.jpeg

karsthotep

Wowza..that is an awesome build.     Amazing work. 

What about the gun are you looking to do?  The actuator to move it in an out or the gun itself?   
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

klee9

Hi there
Thanks for those comments mate, no the gun I have moves in and out ok on rc, just looking for a more screen accurate gun, mine is just a plain aluminium tube, need to make a new one with more detail in it.

karsthotep

Have you gone the machine shop route and looked around for local shops that can do something on the lathe for you?
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

klee9

That might be an option mate cheers, was looking at diffrent options while re doing the shell,might stick with current tube and see how I can Alter it a bit, always feel a bit awkward going in somewhere and trying to explain to someone that I am building a k.9 without being embarrassed, and am looking to get this bit made or that bit cut, hence taken a lot longer but tried to do all the work myself.

karsthotep

You know I felt the same way when I was looking for a laser cutter for the acrylic for my Time Rotor, but then I was just like Screw this,  its my hobby, people request all sorts of things, they don't care its just another job.  The laser cutter guy I found ended up being a huge geek himself.