Apr 16, 2024, 04:09 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A Met Box Build

Started by fivefingeredstyre, May 01, 2011, 06:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

Awww! She is looking lovely. You seem to get very nice skies wherever it is you live. The one with the box's doorway taped over is particularly nice!!
 Andrew

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: Andrew Harvey on Oct 02, 2022, 11:33 pmAwww! She is looking lovely. You seem to get very nice skies wherever it is you live. The one with the box's doorway taped over is particularly nice!!
 Andrew
Thanks, the weather is normally gloomy but we've been lucky with the sun this year.

russellsuthern

Great work.
Loving the K.9 & Dalek photobomb, too!  ;D

Russ

fivefingeredstyre

Very quick post but I picked up some brass screws today so I can finally put the door handle back on...

B2D98634-C722-447D-955F-7A10AA6ED13E.jpeg

It's a little thing that took 30 seconds to fit. But for some reason it does make me happy....

fivefingeredstyre

Oct 08, 2022, 06:06 pm #259 Last Edit: Oct 08, 2022, 06:11 pm by fivefingeredstyre
Todays progress...

Replaced the last remaining window and repaired the phone sign...

IMG_6561b.jpg

IMG_6562b.jpg

IMG_6563b.jpg

IMG_6565b.jpg

IMG_6566b.jpg

IMG_6567b.jpg

IMG_6568b.jpg

That's the last of the fiddly stuff done. Now all that remains is to get it covered in blue paint!!

Volpone

I hadn't noticed that you used the Hartnell font before.  You've got such an interesting box. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Angelus Lupus

Call me crazy, but there's something charmingly 'authentic' about the weathered blue writing that I really like.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Oct 08, 2022, 08:05 pmCall me crazy, but there's something charmingly 'authentic' about the weathered blue writing that I really like.
Awww... you noticed....

The phone sign font and size is about the limit of the resolution of my vinyl plotter, and sone of the letters such as the 'S' and 'O' wound up with sections missing so some of them are composites; however I though it would look good to leave a few letters distressed....

fivefingeredstyre

Oct 15, 2022, 06:35 pm #263 Last Edit: Oct 15, 2022, 06:38 pm by fivefingeredstyre
"River! Make it blue again!!!"

IMG_6571a.jpg

IMG_6572b.jpg

fivefingeredstyre

Finally finished (mainly...)

IMG_0530b.jpg

IMG_0536b.jpg

IMG_0548b.jpg

IMG_0566b.jpg

IMG_0641e.jpg

IMG_6573b.jpg

IMG_6575b.jpg

(Sorry, I couldn't resist a couple of posy pictures...)

Andrew Harvey

I just had another peep on here and saw these! I actually vocalized a big 'Oooooo!' Proper job on that one! She looks great! You should have worn your best frock coat for the 'posey' ones as you call 'em!
  Superb.
 Which Time and Place are you headed for?
  Andrew

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: Andrew Harvey on Oct 15, 2022, 08:33 pmI just had another peep on here and saw these! I actually vocalized a big 'Oooooo!' Proper job on that one! She looks great! You should have worn your best frock coat for the 'posey' ones as you call 'em!
  Superb.
Thanks Andrew, I'm really pleased with the results - hopefully she will stay dry now and last another decade!

Quote from: Andrew Harvey on Oct 15, 2022, 08:33 pmWhich Time and Place are you headed for?
Anywhere that isn't the UK in the present day... ;)

Andrew Harvey

]Anywhere that isn't the UK in the present day... ;)
[/quote]

Hilarious! I recommend the weather in the early Jurassic. Sun, sea, a tropical archipelago rich in interesting life forms! Not a Dalek in sight!
  Right on,
  Andrew

Andrew Harvey

Quote from: Andrew Harvey on Oct 16, 2022, 03:55 pm]Anywhere that isn't the UK in the present day... ;)
( Fivefingeredstyre- I did this wrong!)

Hilarious! I recommend the weather in the early Jurassic. Sun, sea, a tropical archipelago rich in interesting life forms! Not a Dalek in sight!
  Right on,
  Andrew
[/quote]

Andrew Harvey

Bu**er! Exterminate me! Sorry I messed that up somewhat!

Andrew