Third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) console & room

Started by doctorwhoross, Apr 21, 2011, 08:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorwhoross

DSCF7207.JPGDSCF7208.JPG
DSCF7212.JPG
so far...:D
DSCF7213.JPG

the console looks a bit naf but o well, i am pleased with it, it will look better when finished and by the way has anyone got any ideas of how i can apply the red lines that appear on the console connecting the controls?

doctorwhoross

Jun 11, 2011, 10:31 pm #16 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2011, 08:07 pm by doctorwhoross
DSCF7215.JPG adding the detailed bits to the console :) i used things from bits of circuit boards to map pins
DSCF7216.JPG

Scarfwearer

It's looking really nice!
Thanks for showing details of how the assembly is done - this really helps. I'd love to know more about how you made some of those really small parts, like the lever boxes. D'you use tweezers?
And how did you end up adding the red lines? It doesn't look like they're drawn on.

Crispin

doctorwhoross

thanks very much
a lot of the little details i used my hands for, the levers and the small parts i used my hands, very fiddly, i used scissors for some parts, the red lines are pieces of red sugar paper of 1 mm width, very hard to cut and a lot of patients was needed but worth it, i have nearly finished it and i am making the walls, do you want to know anything else? and by the way your prop builds like your tardis console room is very impressive, well done, one day i hope to make one for my house :)

Scarfwearer

It's looking good. What did you make the time rotor cover from (always an important part to source). I was also wondering about how you made the little levers. Are they nails or pins of some kind?

Crispin

doctorwhoross

thanks yeah i am pleased with it, the time rotor (the mechanical part) is made of strips of coloured plastic i found from bottles and other things and stuck them together using UHU glue and the clear part is just a sheet of plastic and the the little levers are metal nails i found which i was supposed to use for my hornby set, so they came in handy for this, i used foam board which is chunky for the levers to be held in

galacticprobe

Jun 13, 2011, 09:00 pm #21 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2011, 09:01 pm by galacticprobe
Checking craft stores is also a good source for rotor/column covers. Many of them sell small containers for things like pins, buttons, and such. Those containers come in different sizes and look like medicine bottles, only they're clear instead of the usual medicine brownish.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

doctorwhoross

celation

Brilliant! Nice job.

I really like the detail on the little alu panels. :)

doctorwhoross

doctorwhoross

Aug 26, 2011, 09:32 am #25 Last Edit: Aug 26, 2011, 09:33 am by doctorwhoross
DSCF7505.JPG

The old base was too big so i made a new one and here it is...:D

kert gantry

Great!  What shade of green did you use? Reminds me of all those lovely colour pics from Three Doctors.

Like the new base.  You'll be glad to hear you're not the only one who made it too big to begin with (a fact I chose to omit from my own build diary!).

doctorwhoross

thanks, i used a lot of white acrylic paint and a bit of green, eventually getting the colour right but yeah its based on the pertwee console :) ah i am relieved, i tried to use photos as reference looking at angles of the base and i got it right, second time luckily, i was relieved because when i made the first base after a while it made sense to me that it didnt look right

doctorwhoross

doctorwhoross

Well its getting there, although its made from scrap pieces of card and bits and bobs  i think its come out well :D