Apr 19, 2024, 02:03 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Savages

Started by markofrani, Sep 12, 2016, 08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

markofrani

Just bought Issue 27's Hartnell Complete History partwork and it had this fascinating yet ludicrously small location photo from The Savages...
Behind the full size prop you can see the 1:3 scale model that was probably used for the dematerialisation sequence in Episode 4 to avoid moving the prop...

Savages.jpg

Volpone

"GET OFF THE PROP.  I keep telling you people, don't lean on the prop!  Do you know how much we paid for that thing?" 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Teppic

Sep 13, 2016, 08:02 am #2 Last Edit: Sep 13, 2016, 08:03 am by teppic
A good shot of the rear outward-opening doors on the main prop too.

kert gantry

Sep 14, 2016, 09:16 pm #3 Last Edit: Sep 14, 2016, 09:26 pm by kert gantry
Great photo, thanks for posting.  

Along with the picture of Steven and Dodo fleeing back to the ship (taken from much the same angle), this must be the last photograph of the full size prop to be taken before its War Machines refit.  Looks like one of the windows on the side is slightly open.

I'd say this pic consolidates the idea that when Frazer Hines mentioned there having been a secondary 'location TARDIS' prop, rather than being mistaken he was referring to the 1:3 model.