Apr 20, 2024, 07:04 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tardis Bridge

Started by chizzler, Jan 27, 2011, 04:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chizzler

Wow, finally figured where to put this thread,
Revently i had the idea to, insteadof making one huge console, why not make decentralised panels, kind of like on a bridge of star trek, and have the time rotor in the middle with a circular diagnostic thing around it, i made a "proof of concept on sketchup, but i deleted it, and just made one panel, which i will upoload sooner or lated
so, thoughts on the idea, or will i just be shot for herecy for suggesting a non tardis like tardis?

masteriii

Jan 27, 2011, 04:10 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011, 04:11 pm by masteriii
Sounds interesting, I am looking forward to see your design.  I can't speak for everyone, but I will not be shooting you for heresy.  Just because the old type 40's had everything around a central console (and the Rani's as well) does not mean that the Time Lords could not have deviated from that design for later models.

chizzler

Yeah, this is the idea for one of the bridge panels i quickly made in sketchup, the idea of the consoles being on the walls is a good one, i might see how that looksproof of concept.png

chizzler

here is metrosunus's idea, for the panels on the walls and the rotor in the middleproof of concept11.pngproof of concept2.png

handofomega

It would be a mad dash around that room to make sure everything is working the right way.   But at least the Time Lord would stay in shape ;D   The central console was made the way it was in the 1960's because it was designed with one pilot in mind.  I love your design here however it would wear me out running around and around to check on the stabilizers.    I do like the design though.  ;)

chizzler

yeah well as the doctor says, the TARDIS was designed to be flown by six pilots, and if i ever got around to this sort of a build is make the panels on rails so they could fit together or come apart

chizzler

Jan 27, 2011, 09:02 pm #6 Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011, 08:28 am by Scarfwearer
To stop handofomega having to make a mad dash round the TARDIS i have been nice and made a chair that goes around all the panels, i also put a door in, its a bit tattered, but oh well, so is the tardisproof of concept 23.pngproof of concept 24.pngproof of concept 25.png

handofomega

Jan 27, 2011, 09:57 pm #7 Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011, 08:27 am by Scarfwearer
I will say I like the chair that rotates around the room!!!!   :o  Very, VERY nice touch!!! ;D

Rassilons Rod

Isn't that one of Kirk's chairs? :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

rocket

Exactly what I was thinking, just a different colour
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

rocket

I'm sure I remember reading or hearing somewhere (before the new series) that the Tardis was meant to be flown by six pilots.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.