Reference Pictures: The Barry Newbery TARDIS (Original) (1976)

Started by peted, May 09, 2009, 04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dematerialiser

thanks for the tip, Bill - looks like a worthwhile issue! If I find a copy I'll scan the cover.

cheers
Chris

deck5

Quote from: peted on May 10, 2009, 09:41 amFab capture! I have a black and white photo of a boating fresnel in exactly the same type of housing. I presume that this lamp was used on and off (when they could remember which box it had been dumped in!) til the end of the series. Either that or someone knew exactly where to get this exact type of fresnel beacon - if you search for them now at boating suppliers etc, they're never in a housing of this type.
EDIT: Here it is...
[attach width=250 height=302]302[/attach]

Managed to acquire one of these:

[attach width=365 height=480]304[/attach]

zbigniev hamson

What is the difference with the raplacement door divider? I can't see any differences in the shots and can't even tell which ones are supposed to have different door dividers.

markofrani

Here's a good reference for the Newbery prop phone panel graphics...[attach width=536 height=799]306[/attach]

DoctorWho8

OK everyone, thanks to the person who sent me scans of the original Newbery plans.  Using that as a template, I made a new one based on what the prop actually became once built.  I leave it up for corrections/comments.  The plans were in metric, so mine are too and are at a 1/10th scale.  http://billrudloff/NewberyTARDIS.pdf
Bill Rudloff

lespaceplie

I just got started on the same plans only over in the Rebuilders forum in the plans section:
http://tardisboard.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=faqplans&action=display&thread=1791

I suggest we consolidate in one thread to iron out these plans as best we can. Otherwise, have at look here:
http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/drwho/newbery.pdf

DoctorWho8

Having compared yours and mine, were are pretty darn close.
Bill Rudloff

lespaceplie

The tricky part that's one of the many things about this prop that is unlike the others is the really skinny door timber. I'm hoping Anita will put this to SketchUp.

DoctorWho8

Anson also asked for a copy to make one in sketchup.  Apparently he had a baby. Congrats to him and the new TARDIS builder.
Bill Rudloff

throgmorton

Quote from: sidrat on Sep 26, 2009, 08:01 pmHere's a good reference for the Newbery prop phone panel graphics...[attach width=536 height=799]308[/attach]

Is that the Gallifreyan equivalent of our own two fingered salute?  ;)  ;D ;D ;D

Chris E.

Rassilons Rod

I believe that somewhere there is a photoshopped version of that :P
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Rassilons Rod

ALSO interesting in this, is that they lost the fresnel at the same time they
painted the base whatever shade of dark it is...

But I guess they found it again for the TYJ in the final season. :)

-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

The Other

Ive been taking a look at the pictures here and the plans and was wondering does any one know the enter measurements from one post to the other?(the combined measurements of both doors?) The newbarry tardis had a real unique look to it and Id like to copy it as much as possible.
The Other

thowell3

This is actually the style of TARDIS my Dad and I are building. But I will be putting some of the new Series into the Classic Design (ie a St.Johns Ambulance Sticker on the door and a Light up signs instead of the solid wood signs ) But Tom Baker is one of my Favirote Doctors and I always liked the Design of this TARDIS  My dad is still drawing up the plans but we should be starting some time soon. I will be sure to post pictures of my build up for every one.

rocket

It's the version I'm currently building too, but I am sticking with the non-lit Police signs.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.