TARDIS Console Part in New Series of Primeval

Started by the doctor who2, Jan 03, 2011, 03:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

domvar

They have built a new Drama village, the upper boat's lease is up and the new place is purpose built for permanent sets.

eddyc

Ok, here's another shot of the prop, as used in Primeval.

I've got it figured out what to use for the parts so now I have to get them.

283978.jpg

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

eddyc

I don't know what the actual item is made from just what I will be making mine from.

meantimebob

would that be part of some sort of lipstick display?

galacticprobe

Mar 06, 2012, 04:20 pm #20 Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 04:21 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: eddyc on Mar 06, 2012, 01:28 pm
I don't know what the actual item is made from just what I will be making mine from.

Enlighten us on these parts, please!? Don't keep us in suspense like this! :o Enquiring minds want to know! (Some of us would also like to have one of these little cuties, even if it just sits on a coffee table, spinning on its little support post.)

Besides, your ideas might trigger some more ideas in others. More ideas=more possibilities and options. (A pool of knowledge is a good thing.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

eddyc

For the center piece I'm going to use a pool ball.

A lot cheaper then a  solid brass ball and easier to drill/cut.

I will turn the pins on my metal lathe out of aluminum and the colored bits out of plastic rod.

I'll start a built thread so everyone can follow it.

210172.jpg

whovian-almighty

Jul 20, 2012, 06:11 pm #22 Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012, 06:14 pm by whovian-almighty
I've found some parts on the Atom Accelorator! the blue & gold prongs/tips are dustcaps! they defiantly are, they have 'teeth' like pattern on the ends but tell me what you think!  :)

here is a link to a pair on ebay, gold ones!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULLET-STYLE-VALVE-CAPS-GOLD-ANODISED-UK-MADE-/320944324783?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4ab9c5c0af

dust caps!.png
So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you want to start?

eddyc

Saw it in the other thread...

Great shot, where did you get the photo?

Here's my version......

IMG_0382.JPG

and a closeup of the pins and tip.

IMG_0264.JPG

galacticprobe

Jul 20, 2012, 08:59 pm #24 Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012, 09:04 pm by galacticprobe
Nice catch, whovian-almighty! Time to check out the custom bike and car shops (and catalogues). The auction is over, but it looks like that seller has others to offer, in red and black. (I didn't see any blue ones when I looked at his other items: other things in blue, yeah, but not the valve caps. I wonder if he's got any in blue?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

eddyc

I think I will wait till after the Olympics before I get anything shipped that is Bullet-shaped!!

galacticprobe

Jul 22, 2012, 06:39 am #27 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2012, 06:39 am by galacticprobe
Unfortunately the only "bullet"-shaped ones I've seen available have been the fluted ones. Maybe valve caps from another brand name?

Dino.

rob49152