How to speak in a British Dalek

Started by wayne venomous, Dec 06, 2010, 03:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne venomous

I saw this video on how to speak with a British accent:

And I had to do my own!

galacticprobe

Dec 06, 2010, 03:30 pm #1 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010, 03:35 pm by galacticprobe
I saw her video on a Graham Norton episode. (Boy, did they have a field day with her!) And personally, I think she sounds more like the Bucket Woman when she's in one of her showing-off moods.

"How to Speak in a British Dalek"... much better! You nailed that one! (I especially liked the "Would you care for some tea?")

Brilliant!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

wayne venomous

Thanks Dino!

Not too sure about my dodgy American accent though  :-[

galacticprobe

Dec 06, 2010, 04:11 pm #3 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010, 04:11 pm by galacticprobe
Hey, in Dalek, it was hardly noticeable. Actually, not really noticeable at all from my ears. (I'm sure our UK counterparts could tell, but I couldn't.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

wayne venomous

Yeah, I did the Dalek voice in my real voice which is a North East England accent, apart from "Put him in the curry" (which is a reference to a Spike Milligan sketch) and the Genesis of the Daleks quote which was more of a Roy Skelton voice (the guy who did some of the original Dalek voices).

galacticprobe

Dec 06, 2010, 04:46 pm #5 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010, 04:47 pm by galacticprobe
Well you did it brilliantly. I'm sure the actual Dalek voice actors would be proud, and highly approve.

So I say again, well done!

Dino.

Rassilons Rod

haha, she was rubbish! Your video is way better :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Dec 07, 2010, 06:05 am #7 Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010, 06:06 am by galacticprobe
It seems Graham Norton and everyone on his show that night - guests and audience - agrees with you (as do my wife and I, and for a couple of Yanks, that's saying something).

Dino.

Elvis Gump

I'd like to see how fast that lady would have a complete nervous break down trying to school Jonathan Ross...

a lovely shade of blue

STRIKE ME PINK!.

galacticprobe

Dec 07, 2010, 09:47 pm #10 Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010, 09:47 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: Elvis Gump on Dec 07, 2010, 08:56 am
I'd like to see how fast that lady would have a complete nervous break down trying to school Jonathan Ross...

Oooh... ouch!

Dino.

wayne venomous

Thanks peeps!  :)

I was fully intending to do a proper video on doing a Dalek voice with some hints, tips and examples. However, when I was setting the camera up I kept thinking of the "British Dialect" video above and it kinda snowballed from there!

I will probably make a serious Dalek voice video in the next couple of days.

Wayne

greatwazoo42

BWAHAHA!!!  I'm crying!  FUNNY!!!   ;D

MORE!  MORE!!! 

Can you do Cyberman?

wayne venomous

The Cyberman is one voice I've never really attempted yet. I'll probably need some different electronics for that - certainly something to put the pitch of the voice down somewhat.

If you want more vids, have a look at my Youtube channel - there's some odd stuff on there:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaWayneD

Organic Mechanic