Apr 27, 2024, 12:17 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

I think we hit the motherload! (22 TARDISes on a lorry)

Started by DoctorWho8, Dec 02, 2010, 12:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorWho8

Dec 02, 2010, 12:11 am Last Edit: Jul 15, 2011, 01:22 pm by Scarfwearer
http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2009/12/dwn011210222808-tardises-in-transit.html
So, we have 22 fully assembled TARDISes on the back of a tractor trailer going somewhere.  Anyone know how and why?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

EDIT: picture included for posterity:
tardiseslorry-small.jpg

exleo

Oh my word...lol
my guess would be something to do with the 'Experience'

Elvis Gump

Eleven TARDIS's - Eleven Doctors? I wonder if it could be that they are for some sort of display with life-size sculptures of all eleven Doctors standing in front of their TARDIS with a sculpture of perhaps an iconic companion? It would an awesome display if it was for some Madam T wax figure kind of exhibit. That would be an great sort of hall of things to pass through in their way in.

Or if they are all copies of the current TARDIS, perhaps they are going to be scattered about the UK or world with Xmas wreaths to excite the public about the Xmas special?

galacticprobe

Dec 02, 2010, 05:11 am #3 Last Edit: Dec 02, 2010, 05:13 am by galacticprobe
Maybe one of them is headed for my house! (Ha-ha... yeah, right. I'd have a better chance of being struck by pneumonia and laryngitis at the same time during the week of my retirement ceremony when I have to give my "farewell" speech. Oh, wait; that really did happen. Hmm... Mayhaps I should keep an eye out for that UPS truck after all?  ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

slugworth118

All of these responses seem just as likely as the next...although, I am surprised that some poor desperate Whovian hasn't said something like "Are they making the Eleven Doctors special???" Of course, we all know it's an impossible dream, but a dream nonetheless. I'd cast my vote for the spreading the eleven tardises around the UK. After all, there was that whole thing about the MIT tardis, so who's to say where the next one will turn up? That seems the most likely, but I would also love the idea of having some sort of exhibit showcasing the eleven Doctors. In any case, keep us posted on this intriguing development!

Teppic

The story has been updated slightly. It transpires that there are 22 TARDISes on the lorry, not 11 as first mentioned.

galacticprobe

They would make for one heck of a raffle! (Keep an eye on ebay. TARDISes have popped up there before. These may end up there as well.)

SEND OUT THE BOTHANS! Someone must know what there are for.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

superrichi1a

Honestly... that's just... wow. Has anyone tried to blow up the pictures and take a closer look? As far as I can tell, they are all identical, with a whiff of new series about them. So, Who Experience sounding sort of unlikely, unless Moffay t is REALLY going for it with this one.
An Eleven Doctors special, I think, may be a bit rubbish. I'd say keep the sroties 3 or 4 Doctors max, with perhaps some cameos by the other actors in video clips or maybe even small screen performances. Anyways, back on subject, that has clearly been ruled out with the update that there are actually 22 of these things.
There is just something I love about seeing a surplus TARDISes all in a row lol. Anyone feel the same? :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Elvis Gump

22 TARDIS! Wow.

So I'm a little unclear on what this facility is that the lorry is leaving from. Is this part of the complex where the current Who production studio is? If these were built by the same guys who built the actual flat-pack filming prop then when we eventually know because there would probably be a helluva story for the Xmas edition of Doctor Who Confidential.

I'd hope it's something cool like they will put these all over the place for kids perhaps in parks and play grounds. I bet they'd get a kick out of it. Oh hell, I'm sure they'd go absolutely bonkers!

ShadowRAM

Maybe a promotion then prizes for a contest.  I'd definitely be willing to cover my own shipping! ;D
-ShadowRAM aka TriangleTARDIS

eddyc

Gee, when I ordered them from the BBC shop it said " Scale Model TARDIS"

I didn't know the scale was 1:1

I'll have to tear down my garage to make room.

slugworth118

Quote from: superrichi1a on Dec 02, 2010, 05:19 pm
There is just something I love about seeing a surplus TARDISes all in a row lol. Anyone feel the same? :)

haha, totally! It's every Whovian's dream to actually see a full-sized TARDIS, but is 22 super-fandom or just overkill?

Elvis Gump

Quote from: eddyc on Dec 03, 2010, 12:40 pm
Gee, when I ordered them from the BBC shop it said " Scale Model TARDIS"

I didn't know the scale was 1:1

I'll have to tear down my garage to make room.

Haha. Part of me hopes 22 TARDIS' will show up in at least one of the upcoming season episodes. I mean Moffat has to be aware of this, so how could the man resist writing a scene where the gang is running for their lives back to the TARDIS and top the hill and there are 22 of them?

"Doctor! Which TARDIS is the REAL TARDIS???"
"Hmm. This is going to be another tricky one."

galacticprobe

Dec 03, 2010, 07:27 pm #13 Last Edit: Dec 03, 2010, 07:29 pm by galacticprobe
Could they possibly be "Port-a-Loos" on their way to "Experience" sites, or as someone suggested kiddies' play areas?

Dino.

Elvis Gump