Apr 16, 2024, 06:16 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Flashing light and materialisation sound

Started by stezza7, Nov 24, 2010, 11:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stezza7

Hi All,

I've completed my TARDIS but I'm missing one important piece - the crowning achievement!!! I need the beacon light for the top, some globe that flashes on and off in time with the materialisation sound. Are there kits available for this? Has someone done it before and can tell me how to make one and what parts I need? It's the last piece of the puzzle and it would be nice if the light and sound could be triggered with a remote and brightness/loudness can be turned up and down.

Am I dreaming?? Can someone help me out?

Stezza

Rassilons Rod

You can find most of what you need by browsing the boards. Here are some good threads for these things :)

Sound Effects: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=92.0

Flashing Light: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=616.0

-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

wayne venomous

Nov 24, 2010, 06:38 pm #2 Last Edit: Nov 24, 2010, 06:46 pm by wayne venomous
Here's how I did it:

(apologies for the poor quality - I couldn't find the charging pack to my camcorder)
What you could do is edit the sound in Audacity (it's free to download online) so you have one channel dedicated to powering the light by just having the vwooop! vwooop! noise and silencing all the other effects. In Audacity, just export it to a .wav file and burn it to a CD-R.

For the bulb you can use one of these:
jml-stick-up-bulb.jpg
They're actually powered by an LED inside anyway so if you take it apart and bypass the resistor, the audio source should be able to drive it directly.

Here's a bulb installed in my Daughter's TARDIS light (made from an upturned Ikea candle lantern):
lightbulb4.jpg

In action:
lightbulb5.jpg
(I put a blue LED in this one)