Apr 20, 2024, 02:47 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

4th Doctor cosplay

Started by russellsuthern, Apr 10, 2018, 12:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

Its a brilliant ensemble Russel, Perhaps you could cut a hole in the top of the wig instead of ruining a good hat? Ive said before I think that you have a great face and I would like to see what sort of Doctor's costume you would make up yourself! I love that waistcoat. Coincidently, I am right at this moment sculpting three Tom Baker figures in 1/48th scale. I will put them up on the forum when finished (including the 'greens' the bare putty as it were) One has the longer frock coat as seen in the face of Evil, one in the wine red, Pyramids of mars, and the other the same but leaning forward as if at the TARDIS console. That part and the rest of the interior will be made at some point this year.

Great costume!

Andrew

russellsuthern

Thanks!
Not really made up my mind what I'll do with the hat, yet.
Definitely giving it a hat band, tho...
Looking forward to seeing your figures!!

Russell

Rassilons Rod

Great costume pieces! I love the brown frock coat! 😊😊
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

fivefingeredstyre

oh very good!

Andrew Harvey

I hope you will forgive me Russel, I have been skiving off sculpting to mess around with one of the pictures of you...Dr Russel arrives to save the City b.jpgI stepped from the TARDIS onto a bleak planet...b.jpgDr Russel and the Daleks.jpg

All the best
 Andrew

russellsuthern

Volpone

In at least some of the regeneration scenes they would make an effort to make the new actor look like the outgoing actor.  I would argue that they made an effort to make Tom Baker resemble Pertwee, for example, in the regeneration scene.  I mention this because, scrolling past 90 year old Tom Baker, I can't help but see a bit of William Hartnell in him.  Yes, Hartnell was only 55 when he became The Doctor, but maybe 88 is the new 55. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Andrew Harvey

An interesting observation Volpone, As an artist making models of the Time Lord, I noticed many years ago a slight resemblance between Tom Baker and William Hartnell's facial structures. In small scales, I have tried as an experiment to use the Hartnell face (given a larger nose) as a Tom Baker one and vice verca by giving them the different hair. Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton are both a gift to an artist looking for the craggy face!

Andrew

russellsuthern

Time for a little boast.  :)

I've been sharing my cosplays on some of the Dr Who cosplay facebook sites with the aim of reaching a wider audience.
I recently posted my Movellan costume, & got a positive reply from none other than June Hudson!
For those who don't know, Ms Hudson was costume designer on Dr Who & created many iconic costumes, including the Movellans & Tom's burgundy season 18 look.
I feel honoured that the lady who was such an important part of Dr Who history recognized & complimented my work!
I have been walking on clouds all day!!

My costume:
545.jpg

June with Tom:
June1.jpg

June's original concept artwork:
June2.jpg

Happy days.

Russell

redfern

Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 09, 2024, 02:20 pmTime for a little boast.  :)
I recently posted my Movellan costume, & got a positive reply from none other than June Hudson!
...Ms Hudson was costume designer on Dr Who & created many iconic costumes, including the Movellans & Tom's burgundy season 18 look.
I feel honoured that the lady who was such an important part of Dr Who history recognized & complimented my work!

THAT is quite the feather in one's cap!  Congrats, Russ!