Apr 20, 2024, 11:36 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Deck5's Tardis

Started by deck5, Oct 18, 2010, 02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deck5

Oct 18, 2010, 02:37 pm Last Edit: Oct 18, 2010, 07:57 pm by Scarfwearer
Not quite complete -- the interior details are not yet finished here -- but a gallery of the completed exterior all the same. :)

visiting1-s.jpg

30deg-s.jpg

ajar-s.jpg

45deg-s1.jpg

frontright-s.jpg

corner1-s.jpg

cornerfront-s.jpg

corner-s.jpg

roof1-s.jpg

superrichi1a

What an avseloutly lovely build... wow... Congratz on finishing!!  :D
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

philipw

It really looks terrific. Every detail very nicely completed. Those birdeye photos really show off the attention you paid to the entire build. Congratulations!

bad wulf

That box is just awesome! Congrats!
Donna: Doctor, what is it, what's Bad Wolf?
The Doctor: It's the end of the universe!

geminitimelord

Congratulations on your completed build. Your attention to detail is quite amazing.

Scarfwearer

Congratulations is the word! That really does look very fine.

Crispin

rocket

That's just amazing, definitely one of the best builds I've ever seen.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

exleo

Fabulous build, well done indeed....and for some reason I find the pillar tops mesmorising in their sharp clarity!
Love it!! And it's been a great build to watch. :)

DoctorWho8

Such a wonderful thing to behold.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

deck5

Very kind, all of you!  Thank you.  I'm glad it turned out as well as it did.

atomicgraph

Oct 20, 2010, 10:05 am #10 Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010, 11:54 am by rassilonsrod
Hey deck, great build. Was there ever any doubt that it would turn out so wonderful you put a lot of time on plans and renders, and it turned out great for all that effort

deck5

Quote from: atomicgraph on Oct 20, 2010, 10:05 am
Was there ever any doubt that it would turn out so wonderful you put a lot of time on plans and renders, and it turned out great for all that effort

Thanks!  Well, as it so often goes with such projects, you wind up doing things for the first (and possibly only) time ever, so there's always setbacks and uncertainty.  All part of the fun, I suppose. :)

deck5

Showing off the lamp on top :)

darkness.jpg

philipw

Nice. Was the overall height set to the room ceiling height exactly? Perfect it appears.

Do you plan to do anything to prevent seeing through the windows?

deck5

Quote from: philipw on Nov 01, 2010, 01:17 am
Nice. Was the overall height set to the room ceiling height exactly? Perfect it appears.

Do you plan to do anything to prevent seeing through the windows?

It was.  There's about a quarter-inch clearance above, at least part of which is from compression of the carpet padding from the not-inconsiderable weight of the box.

I'm going to wait until after painting the interior to fiddle with the windows; I figure I'll make cloudy inserts for TARDIS glamour photos.  When sitting inside, it's nice to have transparent windows, so I'll likely make them removable.   I'll experiment with making the center bottom panel blue, as well; I'm curious as to how it might look.