May 01, 2024, 09:57 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Brachacki TARDIS (Altered) (1966)

Started by DoctorWho8, Feb 28, 2009, 06:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tony farrell

Well Steve, in reality all the skewed dimensions I've tried to describe amount to a half inch here and a half inch there. At 1:7 scale, a half inch equates to two millimeters - effectively to a bit of sanding or the width of a hacksaw blade's cut.

Are you intending to add your 1:7 Altered Brakker's box to this topic or to create a separate thread?

T

fivefingeredstyre

It will be a separate thread, I'm just making up some more moulds now and i'll kick it off once I've got a few things cast.

nebula1253

Not sure if anyone's posted this before, but in the last scene of "Frontier in Space", you can see that the phone panel is open.
image.jpeg

jontennant

do we have a decent colour head on side view? we always seem to look at the front on this box(which has a good reason) but it would be nice to see a good look at the side or back. ;)
Jontennant -  'The Other Doctor'

galacticprobe

Aug 29, 2017, 04:43 am #109 Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017, 04:43 am by galacticprobe
Jontennant, have a look through Tony's Article, http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4489.0. He goes into great detail on this prop from her first modifications through to her final appearance. There are lots of reference images in there as well as narratives.

Also take a look through the http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=44.0 Reference Section. More great images to force sensory overload in there as well.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

frax owen

Hello fellow TARDIS builders. I'm currently working on a 1/13 scale 3D Brachacki Altered 3rd Doctor TARDIS and I am trying to match the colour close to how it looked in The Time Monster (so pretty much season 9 onwards really). Can anyone recommend a Matte acrylic paint because I'm struggling to get a good match. Many thanks!

tony farrell

I think that the colour you need would best be described as a mid-Prussian Blue.

Have a look at https://www.htmlcsscolor.com/hex/5C899C which is Prussian blue mixed with white to lighten it.

I think this is fairly close and contains the "colour co-ordinate information" which should enable a good match to be mixed at any of the DIY stores/decorators' suppliers which offer a paint mixing service.

T

frax owen

Cheers Tony, so far I've actually painted it standard Prussion and then mixed some blue but it's too dark, my next step was to add white to just the prussion so seems i was on the right lines and i will try that tonight :) Much appreciated!

markofrani

If this is of any help, the TARDIS model I built for Shada was painted in a custom colour I had mixed from B&Q in the Valspar range...
Matt emulsion sample pot with the details:

Newbery Tardis.jpg

VALSPAR CUSTOM COLOUR

BASE C 

8900 14 + 1/16
8930 14 + 9/16
8942 3 + 3/16
8991 4 + 3/16

frax owen

Ah cheers! That is pretty much the colour i ended up with last night by mixing Prussian and cerulean which is good to know for when I build my Newbery haha :)

warmcanofcoke

D59WuwsW4AAFiq2.jpgD59WuwsW4AAFiq2.jpg

My intuition says Planet of Spiders.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

fivefingeredstyre

It is indeed... :)

We all know how decrepit the prop got through out the 70's, but once they dropped the original base (around 70/71) and the prop became more wonky, did the replacement base retain a square shape?

warmcanofcoke

Jun 25, 2019, 07:26 pm #117 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 07:30 pm by warmcanofcoke
I see what you mean.

I believe those are the back doors to the prop, If I'm not mistaken.

fivefingeredstyre

Also, do we have any "above" shots showing the Knackkered Brackkers square lamp housing from the top?

warmcanofcoke

Quote from: markofrani on May 21, 2009, 10:54 pm
[attach width=800 height=606]138[/attach]
I think it was during this story that the lamp housing was lost as well...
[attach width=799 height=603]140[/attach]
[attach width=799 height=598]142[/attach]
Here's a nice front view showing the state of the prop at this point...
[attach width=800 height=600]144[/attach]
And finally a nice close-up showing the textured surface...
[attach width=800 height=600]146[/attach]

Ask and you shall receive.