News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Dorset Tardis

Started by 2000man, Apr 19, 2012, 07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2000man

Apr 19, 2012, 07:29 pm Last Edit: Aug 09, 2012, 08:57 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi everyone!

Well, I've finally started my build :) It's taken a couple of years for me to even get the timber together as I've been busy with a Genesis Dalek, Earthshock Cyberman and various Doctor costumes in between times. I'm also restoring our K-9 prop at the moment, so that keeps me busy when the weather is too rotten outside.

I've managed to salvage a lot of wood from my old workplace which would have gone for scrap otherwise, so hopefully that will keep costs down. I'm building this on a tight budget as my baby son is taking priority right now. I'm telling myself he'll love to play in it when he's older... ;)

Anyway, I've started with the base and corner posts and managed to get a cheap door latch - not Yale I know, but budget dictates :(

Here's the progress shots so far, this is a couple of days work, dodging the rain! Next step is to put up the corner posts. I'm thinking of using metal brackets screwed to the posts and bolted to the base for easy removal if necessary. Will post more as progress continues..

whostuff1234.th.jpg

whostuff1270.th.jpg

whostuff1271.th.jpg

whostuff1279.th.jpg

whostuff1280.th.jpg

kiwidoc

Looking like a great start, well done, it's actually happening!!!

deck5

Good start!  By the way, please don't use thumbnails; upload the pictures directly.

Thanks!