Apr 27, 2024, 04:14 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Update of my 2002 TARDIS

Started by rob49152, Aug 26, 2010, 06:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Jan 05, 2012, 09:49 pm #165 Last Edit: Jan 05, 2012, 09:50 pm by Kingpin
I think the designation for the third room's obvious, don't you?

The TARDIS wardrobe. :)

rob49152

ugh! I don't think I want to start modelling that! In my mind I already that that behind door #4. Well behind door 4 down the hall, turn right, then left then first door on the left.

here's a quick layout of how I see this TARDIS

layout.jpg

Kingpin

Jan 06, 2012, 02:31 am #167 Last Edit: Jan 06, 2012, 02:31 am by Kingpin
I guess then alternate options would be the Cloisters, Cloister Room, swimming pool, zero room.

...Squash courts 1-7, not to mention the Scullery.

DoctorWho8

The Boot Cupboard!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Teletran

Astronavigation suite? Power control room?
(http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1360/omni02g.jpg)

type_1012_tardis

That layout looks suspiciously similar to an old draft of certain patches of my TARDIS.  Still, i am certain at least a few others could claim the same.

Maybe it could be an auxiliary power station or a media center?  A lounge or "man cave" maybe?  The place where you keep the escape pods that TARDISes so often lack?  Or a pool perhaps?  Or you could always stuff it with arcade cabinets.  Who doesn't love old arcade cabinets?

End of Line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

DoctorWho8

How about the Secondary Console Room because the Doctor's gotten lazy?

thowell3

I really like this Design. I wish they would use it for the next Console room and hopefully Matt Smith will still be the Doctor for it because I think this Idea you have is awesome. Don't get me wrong I really like the current one but, I just love how you married like 3 or 4 old consol rooms into one. There's elements of the Original Tardis Console room, with a bit of the 8th Doctors, and the  9/10 and to finish it off abit of the 11th's. It looks really cool.

Vale

What's the size of your room and corridors? I'm guessing the sketch of the TARDIS's "honeycomb" layout isn't to any sort of scale. (It's nice to finally see why there are doors in the walls between the console room and the library - that always confused me back in the day.)

rob49152

Hmmm I really have no idea on the size of the hallways...

I guess there would be 'thin' flat walled ones that lead into the main console room along the sides but at some point (probably at the corners of the hexagon shape) turn into wider ones. I did a few play renders a while back
image0000_002.jpg
image0000_004.jpg

DoctorWho8

I want to live in those corridors!

galacticprobe

Feb 04, 2012, 08:34 am #177 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2012, 08:34 am by galacticprobe
Now that's what the TARDIS corridors should look like! (BBC, please take note. ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

Feb 04, 2012, 01:28 pm #178 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2012, 01:43 pm by rassilonsrod
Oh, BEAUTIFUL corridors, really nicely rendered. That's exactly the quality level I'm aiming for at the moment.

About the workshop. Really nice use of the drawers from the TV Movie. Nice reference to "The End Of The World"! :)

I really like the roundels you have invented, behind the right hand worktops. The central workstation is awesome! Fits in with the classic "hex" theme of the TARDIS. The six ceiling mounted hexagonal lighting units....

Also, I must mention the perforated metal you have on the right hand side too. I had an idea to design some different roundels using two sheets of that perforated metal, with a larger circle cut out of the front one. So that one really strikes a chord with me.

Even your floor has some great detailing on it! Amazing work :)

As Dino said...
Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 04, 2012, 08:34 am
Now that's what the TARDIS corridors should look like! (BBC, please take note. ;)

When it comes to TARDIS design, you are my new god!

Two things:
1) The device in the middle, on the top of the central work unit, it reminded me of the "steady state micro welding" device that Pertwee was using in "Terror of the Autons" - That would make a great addition, IMHO. (Of course it looks a lot more like the top of the Cyber comms console).
2) I would love to see a reverse angle shot of the workshop :) (by the way, which way ARE we looking? Looks like we can see corridors but it looks like the doorway for the console room...)
Public Enema Number One.

Rassilons Rod

I have to say it again... MAN THIS IS AWESOME!

I could live and die in a place like that :)
Public Enema Number One.