Mar 28, 2024, 03:20 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A K-9 in the works?

Started by slugworth118, Jul 17, 2010, 09:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slugworth118

Jul 17, 2010, 09:44 pm Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010, 02:07 pm by Scarfwearer
So, a friend of mine gave me this old busted air-compressor...because he knew as well as I did that I will take almost any type of junk, if for no other reason than to take it apart and use the pieces for my TARDIS Console.

DSC00279.JPG

But after I completely gutted the thing, I began to look at the shell, pondering how I could use it.

DSC00280.JPG

Then it hit me, it kinda looks like K-9!

doctor_who_k9.jpg

We all remember K-9...the lovable (and a bit cheeky) tin dog that made his first appearance in the Tom Baker era of Doctor Who and has since made appearances in The Sarah Jane Adventures and the new series of Doctor Who.

DSC00281.JPG

Now, it doesn't look exactly like K-9, the obvious signs being that it doesn't have a head and is significantly smaller than the original. But I thought, what an excellent opportunity to bring my own re-imagining to this lovely little robo-pooch. After all, this shell has the basic shape of K-9's body, and already has a couple of nifty switches on it.

DSC00282.JPG

Also, this hole in the top of it will serve as a new-and-improved button/control panel.

I think this is going to be a very fun and fairly easy project to work on. Even though these are just a few beginning photos, I suspect I'll finish this one pretty quickly. But until then, happy building everyone! Tell me what you think!

P.S. If anyone was interested, this is all the junk I managed to salvage from the machine, it will probably be contributed to my console build.

DSC00283.JPG