New, New TardisBuilders!

BioDoctor900's Tennant TARDIS

Started by BioDoctor900, Jul 09, 2010, 06:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Jan 11, 2016, 03:24 pm #45 Last Edit: Jan 11, 2016, 03:37 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Jan 10, 2016, 04:29 pm
I am honestly gutted for you... :-[

The maintenance battle we have with these things is constant, this year alone I had to relay the floor in mine as the old one started to rot (note to builders - If you want your box to live outside, make sure you ventilate the floor...)

Keep the bits, and when you get a place of your own, you can build another one...

I echo what Steve said. Outside TARDISes are subject to the nastiness of Mother Nature, and as we've heard said, "Water always wins." Even marine ply will only hold up for so many years (usually five, if you're lucky) unless you really seal those edges. We used marine ply to make those Dayboards for marking shipping channels where the water was too shallow for buoys, and granted they were subjected to a saltwater environment, but they only lasted three years before needing to be replaced. So if you can get five years out of it in normal weather, you are lucky.

Quote from: volpone on Jan 11, 2016, 05:04 am
We need an "In Memoriam" page, for when a TARDIS dies.  (Or a board member, but I'm not aware of us losing any of those yet.)

This sounds like an excellent idea: "In Memoriam" for the Board; "TARDISes" and "Members" for the sub-boards. (And since we already have some TARDISes that have passed on we could post some images there with the members' names so we know whose TARDIS as gone to Trenzalore. The other sub-board... I sincerely hope we can go a long while yet before any names appear there.) Still, it would be nice to recognize both, and the contributions they made to the motivation of others.

At least you had a TARDIS. Not a lot of people can say that.

Ditto. :P

And you're young, IIRC.  You've got plenty of time to do another.  I think I was around 40 before I finally got to see my childhood dream of having a TARDIS.

Yep. Some of us are getting up there in years... I think I'll let it go at that. (And another :P.)

Quote from: russellsuthern on Jan 11, 2016, 11:09 am
It's really gutting to see all that hard work disintegrate.

Truer words were never spoken. I remember when KB lost his box. That one is still painful to think about, and this one is just as painful, especially when you see the fragments, and the only bits that are salvageable.

Brave heart and battle on, Biodoc! You've still got that great console you're working on. And as the others have said, you've still got some bits to save, which means that one day, hopefully not too far off, your Old Girl will regenerate around those bits!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"