Apr 20, 2024, 05:19 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Mk Ia time rotor strip lights

Started by lespaceplie, Jan 16, 2011, 06:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

Depends what's meant by bulbs perhaps. I think that for a lamp version of the rotor, these could look great in pairs (pointing at eachother) with some kind of diffuser tube around them... :)

Quote from: Lungman on Jan 19, 2011, 10:17 pm
This is a great idea. I can measure one of my strip lights and this should give you an accurate platform to work from. I'm not sure if the LED thing will work as they tend to be very directional (i.e. they don't produce a broad beam of light). The bulb idea may be a better way to go. I'm not an expert though, and the LEDs may work. Might be best to do a couple of prototypes. I also noticed on eBay that you can now get "warm white" LEDs. They might be a better alternative to those blindlingly bright white ones.  :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type55tardis

I used 3,24inch fluorescent fittings in my pertwee lookalike column but due to the brightness and lens flare on a video camera ,I used 3 green lighting gels to tone it down also i left the light diffusers on the fittings,the fittings themselves I sprayed matt black. to create the split effect i did use black insulating tape. and if you look at my build (type55 Mk2 console) you`ll see it looks OK
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?