Mar 29, 2024, 05:44 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

DalekStorm22's TARDIS console build

Started by dalekstorm22, Aug 01, 2010, 11:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dalekstorm22

When I first started designing, I was stuck for ideas. Originally, I was going to use green screen and have a model console, but I fazed out of the idea. As I am fond of the McGann console room, I thought of doing something similar.
The venue I was using for the console room would be part of a church, and it suits the Victorian scene; spiral stair case, rustic wooden columns, big wood doors, etc.

One thing I'm stuck on, time rotor. What should it look like? I'm not going to do the fibre glass base but something similar to the Smith console's time rotor.
Any ideas?

type 83

A pillar or some sort of item that looks like if you put it in a church it would blend in.

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1011.0

The Rani's TARDIS and the Master's TARDIS (Jon Pertwee era) didn't have clear columns, they had odd statue things.
Be creative!

superrichi1a

What about a mix of the McGann, RTD and Smith rotors? You could have a tall rotor stretching up to the celieng, with similar tubing designs in the middle, to the McGann, but maybe more symetrical, systematic, and the guards around that sides like the Smith. i think if you got it to look futuristic and rustic at the same time, it'd look great!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

the_temporal_mechanic

I think it would be great if it were in a gothic style church setting to have a stone cover around the time rotor that resembled a fluted column with a Corinthian capital.  You could pierce whatever material that you were using as the column (maybe one of those great concrete forms, wrapped in another layer of corrugated carboard face out, then painted) so you can see the interior like Smith's.  Heck, you could even build your whole console around the column and use some wrought iron work (or painted wood to look like wrought iron) as supports for the tabletop.

There are so many ways you can go with this!