Apr 23, 2024, 06:48 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

7th/8th Dr Sonic

Started by flaming cog, May 13, 2010, 06:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flaming cog

May 13, 2010, 06:42 pm Last Edit: Jun 02, 2010, 10:17 am by Scarfwearer
I cobbled this together today. I include a list of parts incase anyone else wanted to have a go at making it. I was rather pleased with mine as it cost me a wopping £0.00  8)

sonic7th8th.jpg
30571392800919554744939.jpg30571392799769554744939.jpg

Luke
(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5721/themanofmanyfaces.jpg)

galacticprobe

May 14, 2010, 04:42 am #1 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:43 am by galacticprobe
I wonder if you could get CO to bite off on this design for a 7th/8th Doctor sonic run. And possibly a 4th Doctor sonic as well since the designs are very close, and you look like you've got it almost spot on.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

lswl

Does anyone know if the dimensions are the same for Mcgan's as it is for Tom Baker, if so, I bet Scafwearer's plans would work.

galacticprobe

Feb 06, 2011, 05:08 am #3 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2011, 05:11 am by galacticprobe
Check the sonic posts in here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=108.0. It's got just about everything there is to know about the Baker sonic, including Scarfwearer's dimensions, and there are some posts about the McGann sonic. From there comparison should be easy. There are slight differences in the details, but I think the dimensions are fairly close, save than McGann's collapses.

Also, just as a suggestion, since there is so much interest in sonics, would it be possible to create a sub-board strictly for "Sonic Screwdrivers"? We've got one for consoles, and I'm sure there are more than enough posts to fill one for sonics. It would make it easier to read through the sonic posts, rather than to have to look through all of the other "Gadget" posts where the sonic posts currently reside. (Just a thought.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

lswl

I agree with galacticprobe. There should be a section for sonics

kiwidoc

Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 06, 2011, 05:08 am
Also, just as a suggestion, since there is so much interest in sonics, would it be possible to create a sub-board strictly for "Sonic Screwdrivers"? We've got one for consoles, and I'm sure there are more than enough posts to fill one for sonics. It would make it easier to read through the sonic posts, rather than to have to look through all of the other "Gadget" posts where the sonic posts currently reside. (Just a thought.)

Dino.

It's an interesting thought though we've tried to keep the focus of this board on the TARDIS interior and exterior since there are many other topics that could easily crowd out our main topic eg sonics, K9, daleks and there are other boards for those sorts of things, notably Project Dalek and the WhoProps board that we're affiliated with (see the link on the top right of every page/board.