Apr 20, 2024, 03:43 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tennessee Tardis/ Rex's Build

Started by ratchetrex, Mar 23, 2010, 01:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

geminitimelord

Yes nice NST build.

Curious however, in the Angle Shot it appears that one of the posts is warped? Or is that the Light playing tricks on me?

If it is warped is that a result of building it outdoors?

Doctor Iz

That NST is looking darn good.... I look forward to seeing the signage placed. 
Cheers,
Jon
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

ratchetrex

May 08, 2010, 03:08 pm #17 Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 03:15 pm by ratchetrex
I think that it is the lighting but it may be slightly warped if it is I don't think that the weather is all to blame it very well could be the way that the edges were beveled. I used a circular saw instead of a table saw so the angles are not exactly perfect sadly.
Thanks for all the kind words!!

Edit: I double checked the post and it is actually one of the better ones so it is a lighting issue or my camera work

ratchetrex

Hey all got my vinyl decal signs printed at a local shop and well i dont really think i will ever do buisness with them again! First off they have the sticky side opposite of what i requested and they distorted the spacing of the letters pretty badly. Anywho enough venting here is a teaser pic of what they look like.

downsize.jpg

mordrogyn

In a word...

Complain.

Looks like they made the font too big as well, the text should not be that wide across the box
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

ratchetrex

I thought about doing that but the shop most likely could not redo them they are swamped with a local election and I would say that my signs were a rush job and they really did not care what they did but it was only 20 usd. for 4 top decals so its not much of a waste I will upgrade them after the adventure con at the end of the month which coincidently is where i will debut this baby!

mordrogyn

Ohh they will care... tell them that you are part of a large community looking for GOOD sign makers and can refer a lot of business if they can get it right, and if they don't care then, I'll come up there and MAKE THEM CARE

lol joking
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

ratchetrex

Lol id welcome it im sure that I could find us a good deal on pitch forks in bulk ;)

DoctorWho8

Please look in the Police Box Sign Reference section for a PDF of the sign boxes.  It should be about the right size with the correct font and spacing.  They have it completely wrong.  I'd ask for a discount (or a free reprint) and provide them the file I have to offer for free.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

ratchetrex

May 12, 2010, 04:56 am #24 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:20 am by ratchetrex
ya i used your files from  way back when you emailed me the dimensions for the tardis er whatever the sign shop just did not listen to what they were told heck they even have my usb drive with both pdfs on them

DoctorWho8

I can supply Illustrator EPS files instead.  Obviously, they aren't very good as using provided files.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

ratchetrex

That would be awesome do you still have my email account on file or would you like me to pm the address to you?

ThisJustinOnline

This is why my offer is ALWAYS open to make vinyl signs for anyone on the forum. I KNOW the fonts and HAVE all the files. All I need to know is your length and width and you will get perfect signs.

ratchetrex

If it had not been for the time constraints and all of my technical issues I would have snapped your offer to do them up in a heartbeat er two heartbeats.

ratchetrex

well after my sign shop still not working with me I decided to do something more productive and install my lights.
0521102136.jpg
It looks pretty cool, its so hard to take a good night shot and I think that I may put a smaller watt light in the top this one is crazy bright as you can see.