Apr 19, 2024, 08:01 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Rani's Lung Pill Bangle from 'Mark of The Rani'

Started by Oblivion, May 18, 2014, 11:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblivion

May 18, 2014, 11:59 am Last Edit: Mar 17, 2018, 08:38 am by The14thDr
I've only just noticed that the bangle worn by the Rani in 'Mark of the Rani ' is a lung pill bangle, and very different to the communication bracelet she wears in 'Time of the Rani', Being a bit of a completest I've gotta have both. So before I do anything else ............

oma.jpg
Hampshire UK

galacticprobe

May 19, 2014, 04:50 am #1 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:50 am by galacticprobe
That's it... I'm convinced now. You never sleep! ;) :) :D ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Oblivion

Well I didn't mean literally build it before I do anything else ;D I've slept first, but it's a new day, so out with the plastic, the paint and the tools ;)
Hampshire UK

elkad

I recently found a close up pic of the actual prop used found here. http://richardwho.co.uk/collectors/vuser/index.asp?u=250

Mark Of The Rani Bracelet.jpg

I also have some screenshots of the "Time & The Rani" bracelet.

d07-7d-c073.jpgd07-7d-c074.jpgd07-7d-c097.jpgd07-7d-c167.jpgd07-7d-c382.jpgd07-7d-c650.jpgd07-7d-c655.jpgd07-7d-c665.jpg

I'm not sure how many tubes there are. There are like tube cover disks over each tube. I'm thinking they swivel to the side & lock in place with a tiny tab & hole. The locking mechanism is a sort of loop hook latch, the same kind of latch on tool box. If you look on the back of the bracelet you'll see a small ribbon cable & connector. You can just make out the screw mounts the cable attaches to. I'm thinking its a connection to the light up display at the end where it flashes 4,..4,..4,..4.  No doubt there is a rippled foam pad under the bracelet to keep it from flailing around.

Rassilons Rod

Ooh, is this different from the Mark of the Rani prop?

(Pics are from Time.... I think?)

I'd always thought that was a B7 scorpio teleport bracelet  :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Rassilons Rod

Jan 01, 2021, 03:34 am #6 Last Edit: Jan 01, 2021, 03:37 am by Rassilons Rod
Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Jan 01, 2021, 12:38 amBlake.jpg

Like these?

The scorpio ones are all metal. These are on the liberator  :)

These are the ones I mean..
download-1.jpeg

Happy new year  :)

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

elkad

now I'm thinking were can I get a digital fore digit LED display, this size, & the circuitry to run it, fully wired all ready. I know absolutely nothing about wiring circuit boards.

Cardinal Hordriss

I have every confidence that this is going to rock.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

elkad

Any Idea what type of latch this is? The best I could come up with is a Toggle latch.

d07-7d-c097 copy.jpgToggle Latch (2).jpgToggle Latch.jpg

Angelus Lupus

That looks a lot like the clamp lever from a Graflex camera flash (the kind used for Luke Skywalker's lightsaber)? Wouldn't surprise me if it's the kind of fastener that was used on lots of things.
GRClamp21.jpgclamplever.jpg
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

elkad

I found something that could be a possibility.  A Quick Release Clamp, ID 8In Or A hose clamp, or Dixon 13MHLA200 Stainless Steel 304 Toggle Clamp.

Quick Release Clamp, ID 8In.jpgHose Clamp.jpgDixon 13MHLA200 Stainless Steel 304 Toggle Clamp.jpg

Angelus Lupus

Those do look more likely than my initial (nerdy) thought!  ;D
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.