News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Morris the Dalek from the Rainy City.

Started by throgmorton, Jan 09, 2008, 09:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

throgmorton

Jan 09, 2008, 09:35 pm Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010, 02:19 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi
Heres some pics of Morris my Dalek in 'mid' build in fact he still is in some state of  mid build! I really must get on with it!!!
(Reminder to ones self to have wooden pole removed out of my arm lol)

th_P1010084.jpg

Heres  pic of Morris at the Guiness book of records attempt in the Museum of Science and Industry Manchester with a rather well known Dalek chappie a certain Mr Raymond Cusick!!! (Highlight of my Daleking this!!)
The banner you partly see in the background I am the proud owner of that lovely item, a nice piece for my collection.

th_xyxyxd074.jpg

Morris ready to be put into my van after his outing to MOSI.
th_DSCF0385.jpg

In response to the question why is he called Morris?
He is so called because the very nice people at the Morris Minor owners club very kindly donated to me 3 sets of dome lights red, orange and 'clear' with all the necessary fitments, bulbs etc F. O. C.
Hence the name Morris.

Heres a pic of my Half size Dalek from Daleks Direct one of 40 to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Dr Who and the Daleks numbered no 4 with a certificate and a little brass plaque thats attached to the underside of the fender.
The 'Half size' mutant was made  by a mate of mine out of 'rubber'

th_P1010816.jpg

Chris E.

throgmorton

Aug 01, 2009, 02:27 pm #1 Last Edit: Feb 28, 2010, 01:27 pm by Scarfwearer
Well this coming Tuesday (4/8/09) , Good old Morris is going to have the cobwebs removed, the spiders found new homes, all being well some work is going to be done on Malevolent Pepperpot.

He really must be finished, got another exhibition to do all being well, (details to follow) Morris has got to show willing for this one!!

Failing that Davros can have him back and see what he can do with a Dalek lol.
Chris E.

throgmorton

May 13, 2008, 09:31 pm #2 Last Edit: Feb 28, 2010, 01:27 pm by scarfwearer
Digitus Extracticus.  :P

I'm slowly beginning to get to the rear of my garage again as the dry weathers here I can remove bits and pieces of accumulated junk and take them outside to the tip!

I have also unearthed some bits for the Dalek I thought had vanished.

Morris is getting quite excited at the thought of completion may be on the cards LOL!
Only had him 3 years oh eck!!   :o Doesn't time fly?

First I have to finish my Rainy City TARDIS, only had that about 12 month!  ::)

Chris E.

frosty

May 15, 2008, 08:35 am #3 Last Edit: Feb 28, 2010, 01:27 pm by scarfwearer
Looking good, theres a lot of clever sods on here, i can make stuff, but my other skills are lacking, i just about know which end of the hammer to use!, its nice to have a bit of warm weather for a change, its great drying weather for the rubbers i use. I allways end up finding stuff i needed months back when i tidy up my shed, usually stuff that was right under my nose!

throgmorton

Jan 07, 2009, 02:15 pm #4 Last Edit: Feb 28, 2010, 01:27 pm by scarfwearer
Hey Frosty my skills are pretty limited really I just amble along. (Thats apparent I hear the shout.) lol.

If I dont know something I ask some one who is more experienced in such matters.

Knowledge is of only two kinds 'We either know of a subject ourselves or know where we can gain information on that subject'

Chris E.