Apr 27, 2024, 07:57 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Dalekman's custom full scale Dalek

Started by dalekman, Feb 07, 2007, 03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dalekman

Feb 07, 2007, 03:50 pm Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010, 05:57 pm by Scarfwearer
Here are a couple of pictures of a Dalek I built about six years ago. (good lord it's dirty).  I'll try to clean it up and take some better pictures to add this weekend.

Dalek1-3.jpg

Dalek1-2.jpg

Dalek1-1.jpg

Dalek1.jpg

The head's a litte lumpy, but otherwise I like it.

yourworstnightmare

Aug 28, 2007, 07:01 am #1 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 10:13 am by scarfwearer
beleive me thats not amateur! i like it !!

dalethetimelord

Feb 07, 2007, 05:27 pm #2 Last Edit: Feb 10, 2010, 02:05 pm by scarfwearer
Nice!! There's something quite creepy about it having an eyeball in it's eyestick!! 

D.

dalekman

Feb 07, 2007, 06:08 pm #3 Last Edit: Feb 10, 2010, 02:05 pm by scarfwearer
Yeah, I originally had a pretty standard looking dalek eye in there but when I saw that eyeball I had to use it!  The great thing about that is the ball that the eye is made out of is styrofoam with the place for the "eyeball" carved out. This allows me to switch out the eyeballs out depending on my mood. The eye itself is just a laminated printout of an eyeball I got from googling "eyeball".

I must say though, after seeing some of the tardis props posted on this forum (especially the consoles) I feel like quite an amateur posting these pictures.

type_1012_tardis

Um... you said something about photos (over 2 years ago)?
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

Rassilons Rod

You might notice that "Dalekman"'s nick isn't clickable. This means one of two things... (A) Not here or (B) Not claimed ownership of his posts (the thread has been imported from the old site).

So I guess its unlikely to see new posts at this stage.
-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

wayne venomous

I'm sure I saw this on Ebay fairly recently.  ???

Quote from: dalethetimelord on Feb 07, 2007, 05:27 pm
Nice!! There's something quite creepy about it having an eyeball in it's eyestick!! 

D.

Here's something weird, the new Paradigm 2010 Daleks were originally going to have "real" eyeballs in their eyestalks but it was decided this would be too gruesome due to the amount of kids likely to be watching. There's still some remnents of this when you see the Dalek's point of  view as there's veins around the eye view.