Apr 18, 2021, 02:16 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

emil's dalek

Started by atomicgraph, Oct 15, 2009, 11:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

superrichi1a

Quote from: jarenelo on Sep 17, 2010, 06:23 pm
Off the subject a little, but I really prefer this era of Dalek over the new Power Rangers version.  I was rereading your post today and just have to tell you again how impressed I am with this!  You rock!

Interesting analogy, "Power Rangers". I thought they looked like plastic marshmallows myself lol. Yeah, I really agree. The RTD Daleks were still the classic design, but looked more solid and threatening, there was nothing actually I didn't like about them. I like the principlas these new Daleks were designed behind, but they went about actually designing them totally the wrong way. Moving more on-topic now, if the Moff. wanted to stamp himself on any of the Daleks in any way, why didn't he just make a variation on these with maybe a similar command chain to the new? Emil has proved here that all the Daleks needed to completely reinvent themselves was a new paintjob. Emil's Dalek, in Genesis grey, doesn't look like an RTD Dalek. It looks to me like a symphony of all the best aspects of both Daleks. The new Daleks are like toysm rubbish, laughable, put me off 'em. Now I prefer the Cybusmen lol. Anyway, I'll stop there 'cause if I go any further I'll never stop...  ;D
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

atomicgraph

Lol thanks guys but really there are a few daleks around with this type of color scheme. My thinking on the paint job should go back to the genisis look. Daleks have no sense of artistic merit so colors ( to me ) don't make any sense. As far as color for their rank I'm sure they would have a transmitter or something for that aspect...... Ok engaging drift compensators on ...3...2...1

superrichi1a

Quote from: atomicgraph on Sep 18, 2010, 09:14 pm
Lol thanks guys but really there are a few daleks around with this type of color scheme. My thinking on the paint job should go back to the genisis look. Daleks have no sense of artistic merit so colors ( to me ) don't make any sense. As far as color for their rank I'm sure they would have a transmitter or something for that aspect...... Ok engaging drift compensators on ...3...2...1

Really? I've only ever seen one fan-build Black Dalek Sec before, and I assumed that, at least as far as I knew my Dalek would become the second. But I've never seen any other NSD's in genesis grey and black. And, yes I agree with you about the colours, but, I still love the golden look lol, it's a nice touch. :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?