Started by herr döktor, Aug 27, 2006, 06:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

herr döktor

Aug 27, 2006, 06:51 pm Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010, 05:19 pm by Scarfwearer
Here's my Secondary Console:
Secondary1.jpg
Secondary2.jpg
Secondary3.jpg

1/8 scale like the others, and, again, over 12 years old! the brass handles and higes come from a dolls house shop, and the brass stanchions for the guardrail are froma model boat shop.

As is the McCoy comic strip style one:
McCoy1.jpg
McCoy2.jpg
Note the Hartnell style central column, as an homage.

type 83

It's 'as a homage' You only use an before a vowel e.g. an apple, a banana

mordrogyn

May 28, 2010, 08:19 pm #2 Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:20 pm by mordrogyn
Perhaps looking at the date of a post would be a good idea before picking on grammar used, The one you are referring to here is 3 and a half years old, which makes this doubly pointless.
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

jasononion

Quibbles over grammar aside...
A gorgeous, highly detailed item made with LOVE. Great pieces.
And you can't achieve better and more fulfilling than that  8)

type 83

Quote from: jasononion on Jun 19, 2010, 11:37 am
Tribbles over grammar aside...
A gorgeous, highly detailed item made with LOVE. Great pieces.
And you can't achieve better and more fulfilling than that  8)

herr döktor

Quote from: type 83 on May 28, 2010, 08:14 pm
It's 'as a homage' You only use an before a vowel e.g. an apple, a banana

Actually, it is correct: explanation courtesy of Wikipedia:

Quote"A" and "an" function as the indefinite forms of the grammatical article in the English language and can also represent the number one. An is the older form (related to one, cognate to German ein; etc.), now used before words starting with a vowel sound, regardless of whether the word begins with a vowel letter.[8] Examples: a light-water reactor; an  LWR (Note: When an acronym is spelled out, rather than spelling out what it is that is represented by the letters in the acronym, the phonetics of the acronym should be used when reading the text aloud. So the use of "a" or "an" as shown in this example is correct based on the proper application of this rule); a sanitary sewer overflow; an SSO; a HEPA filter (because HEPA is pronounced as a word rather than as letters); an hour; a ewe; a one-armed bandit; an heir; a unicorn (begins with 'yu', a consonant sound).

An hour, an homage, an hotel etc.,

galacticprobe

Annoying, and confusing, this Earthling grammar is. To another forum, leave it, it is best.

I agreeing with that, completingly.

I. R. Baboon.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type 83

I see, it's because homage is pronounced Oh-Mah-Jh therefore sounding like an O, a vowel, therefore getting an 'an'.

mordrogyn

Quote from: herr döktor on Aug 03, 2010, 06:24 pm
An hour, an homage, an hotel etc.,

An hotel????
I think you mean A Hotel...

Anyway this topic needs its drift compensators switching back on I think
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

galacticprobe

Drift compensators aligned (at least over here).

I love the Hartnell-style column. Are you planning to put the black and white colors into it at any point, like on the flags or rulers?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type 83

Aug 04, 2010, 03:14 pm #10 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2010, 08:03 pm by type 83
*Gives the Flux Compensator a thump*

Whoops, sorry, drifted off a bit there, but back on course.
Did you have to make up some of the Secondary Console's panels? I didn't think they were all shown.