News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Panopticon '88

Started by chriskingbees, Mar 09, 2008, 04:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chriskingbees

Mar 09, 2008, 04:26 pm Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010, 10:00 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi All
I was rummaging through an old box of photos recently and came upon these from Panopticon '88, to date the only convention I've ever attended.

This was about 80 or 90cm in height;

Copyofpanopticontardismodel.jpg

This started arriving on the on the second day;

Copyofpanopticontardis2.jpg

and Sylvester McCoy emerged from it on the third;

Copyofpanopticantardis1.jpg

I really liked these beasts, given my preference for the Met box style. Does anyone know their history?
Many thanks
KB
PS Thanks to Robert for the excellent work on the scans. They're much clearer than the originals

purpleblancmange

Mar 09, 2008, 04:52 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 05:06 am by doctoriz
The two TARDISes and the model Dalek are props from a fan film that was never finished.  Paul Tamms played the Doctor... now "producing" the K9 spin off thing for Jetix (if it ever turns up), while the props and models were constructed by Julian Vince.

The film was supposed to be the third movie after The Daleks and The Dalek Invasion of Earth, 2150ad.  It was never completed and I can't recall the name, it was something like, "Mission of Doom" and it also featured the Mechanoids.

meantimebob

Mar 09, 2008, 06:05 pm #2 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 05:06 am by doctoriz

There's a website for Julian Vince here, if anyone's interested

http://uk.geocities.com/daleks.davinci/

davewho7

Mar 09, 2008, 07:59 pm #3 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 05:07 am by doctoriz
i have a photo of myself emerging from the door of this prop when i was 15 when we were not supposed to be in the room, i'll have to dig it out.

chriskingbees

Mar 09, 2008, 08:33 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 05:07 am by doctoriz
Hi All
As always, thanks PB for your unending knowledge.
Thanks MTB for the link, I've sent Julian the pics (And a snap of the ol' KB box for good measure ;D) and I look forward to Dave's picture immensely. There is some more (Embarrassing :-[) pics to come from the pile so watch this space :-/

KB

chriskingbees

Not sure if I've posted this before, or anybody else for that matter, the prop from which Sylvester emergerged, at Panopticon in London 1988
Anyone recognise it?
Sorry for the small size, it's a scan from an old 35mm
panopticon 78.jpg

KB

petewilson

Don't know about this one Chris...
But the box used at the 1978 Convention (The first Panopticon)  was my original box that I built when I was 16......;D

Doctor Who Panopticon (1978).jpg

russellsuthern

Hi Chris,
You have posted this one before!

link here:
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1181.0

Must be age!
Don't worry, I forget what I had for breakfast sometimes...!  ;)

Russell

(Btw: Pete-  I love your box & the classic 1978 photo! Don't Tom & Ian look young, & I think Mr Marter should win the "squarest jaw ever" competition!)

kert gantry

Just to add - this is almost certainly the box now residing in the Who Shop in East London. Discussed here before and though I can't remember the exact thread, we were able to scotch the shop owners' assertion that it's from one of the Cushing films.

maddavros

Having just seen this picture (and having recently visited the Who Shop) I would agree these are one and the same.  It hasn't stopped them continuing to proclaim theirs was in the Cushing film though