Apr 27, 2024, 11:31 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Paradise Towers Coin

Started by Crackers_Props, Mar 24, 2024, 08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackers_Props

Hello!

I don't often post on here but if I do you can bet it's going to be a 7th Doctor prop question!

So here's today's! Does anyone have any better pictures of the money from paradise towers?

I'm after the reverse side and knowing what font is used/ closest to on the coin,

Here's the only screen grab I have, I could only see it in this one shot, but I haven't combed through the fancy blu ray edition for the BTs & deleted scenes & higher def screen grabs just yet.

IMG_7429.jpeg

elkad

Now the question is, how big is it?

d07-7e-c230.jpg

Crackers_Props

Oh wow! How did you clear that up so nicely!

I have been working at around 40mm diameter

IMG_7436.jpeg

Crackers_Props

With thanks to elkad and that amazing high res picture, I have managed to pull the text off

Angelus Lupus

It's an odd mix of upper and lower case letters... I wonder if it's a pre-existing typeface, or custom?
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

elkad

Quote from: Crackers_Props on Mar 31, 2024, 08:33 amOh wow! How did you clear that up so nicely!

I looked up the screen capture here: https://tragicalhistorytour.com/

Crackers_Props

I think it's a custom type face I e ran it though a few different font finders and not found anything really that close

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Apr 02, 2024, 10:43 amIt's an odd mix of upper and lower case letters... I wonder if it's a pre-existing typeface, or custom?

That screen shot is so high quality! Thank you for sharing that website with us!!

Quote from: elkad on Apr 03, 2024, 12:22 pm
Quote from: Crackers_Props on Mar 31, 2024, 08:33 amOh wow! How did you clear that up so nicely!

I looked up the screen capture here: https://tragicalhistorytour.com/

elkad

So, what are you going to make them out of? 3D print plastic, resin mold, chocolate & aluminum wrapper. I'd love to make a chocolate coin. :D

Crackers_Props

Yeah my plan is to resin print it once I have my printer working right again

For the reverse side I am going to go with something like this

Now I have the font I'm going to re do the 'paradise towers'
IMG_7442.jpeg

Crackers_Props

I think I have finished it- I might make the logo on the reverse a touch smaller

IMG_7445.jpeg

IMG_7446.jpeg