Custom TARDIS Interior - The "Academic" Interior

Started by sheymaster, Feb 20, 2024, 04:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sheymaster

Feb 20, 2024, 04:56 am Last Edit: Feb 20, 2024, 05:06 am by sheymaster
Time to bring some life back to this forum.

After about five years since my last post, I figured it was time to share one of my personal favorite interiors of mine. Nicknamed the "Academic" interior due to the furnishing reminding me of a dorm room.

The interior in question:
RobloxScreenShot20240219_231818639.png

RobloxScreenShot20240219_232026566.png

RobloxScreenShot20240219_231802286.png

sheymaster

sheymaster

The interior started out as a simple redesign test for an interior that was still being made. While the creator scrapped his design, I continued my own version, drawing inspiration from two of my favorite TARDIS interiors: the Secondary Console Room and the 1996 TV Movie TARDIS. The console itself takes inspiration from many other different consoles, as well as various controls found on "Bob's Bits." Everything else was made and designed by me in ROBLOX Studio aside from the Pickelhaube helmet and the other hat.

Hope you enjoyed!  ;D

( some more lighting variants for your viewing pleasure )

RobloxScreenShot20240219_232523222.png

RobloxScreenShot20240219_232555990.png

Nick

"The sharpness of the tongue defeats the sharpness of the warrior."
- Ncuti Gatwa, The 15th Doctor

Jade

Love it. I liked the secondary console room but it was always let down by a terrible console and I always felt that the console room in the movie was too large and too 'batcave' but with a brilliant console so love seeing the best parts combined here.

Volpone

I wish I'd had a dorm room like yours.  Mine was more like a prison cell. But now that I reread, yes, the chairs do have that dorm room aesthetic.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Vale

I'm always a sucker for a wooden Victorian console room. I like those spotlights, there's something a bit "university library" about them.

haider

incredible work, shey.

these type of interiors i have a great amount of heart for due to its simplicity, love the way you describe the interior as reminding you of furnishing your dorm room. it is a really close to home interior & the vibes off this would make me want to stay forever in it.

besides, just godtier work.