Apr 27, 2024, 09:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Revenge Of The Cybermen Spy Kit

Started by elkad, Feb 08, 2024, 09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

In "revenge of the cybermen" the spy aboard the station had a bit of kit with him, including, A radio transmitter, surveillance equipment, aka little TV & disguised audio amplifier in a comb. Then theirs the cyber-mat & controller. Is that in another thread?

d04-4d-c058.jpgd04-4d-c117.jpgd04-4d-c118.jpgd04-4d-c130.jpgd04-4d-c131.jpgd04-4d-c132.jpgd04-4d-c147.jpgd04-4d-c153.jpgd04-4d-c202.jpgd04-4d-c202.jpgd04-4d-c203.jpg

elkad

Just found a bit of info on the brush speaker. I was looking for the type of brush it was & found, this particular prop was used in the James Bond Live & let Die movie.

https://whatculture.com/tv/10-doctor-who-scenes-even-more-impressive-when-you-know-the-truth?page=4

da0ee80f7fa94e53-600x338.jpeg

elkad

Rough guess on the speaker part. Still need to measure it. Anyone have any ideas on how to make the grill on a budget. The only options I can think is, pay someone to 3d print it, mold it, or cut it with a heated hole punch, aka, a small metal needle in the shape of the small holes.
I tried viewing the Live & let Die movie, but couldn't get any other closeup shots other than what Ive all ready posted. More Blueprints later.

Radio Speaker.jpg

elkad

Just found some info on the red resistor, I think. Very hard to find, with just a pic to go on.

110 KΩ ± 1% 1W C2-14-1 precision thin film metalized low-noise resistor USSR military

110 KΩ ± 1% 1W C2-14-1 precision thin film metalized low-noise resistor USSR military.jpg

If you want to make it from actuate resistor parts.

elkad

Some more pics of the spy stuff I got from a clip on line. I wanted to get a pic of the power panel too.

d04-4d-c157.jpg

The mini TV has a panel on the back to put the entente like chip when he first assembles it.

Revenge Of The Cybermen (1).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (2).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (3).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (4).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (5).jpg

Some reference shots of the radio transmitter to determine the size & shape of the box.

Revenge Of The Cybermen (6).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (7).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (8).jpg

elkad

I find drawing my prop gives me inspiration on how to build the prop. Makes me think of the details more, as I draw.

Radio Speaker TV.jpg

elkad

I forgot to put in screencaps of the Cybermat control box. I was working on a drawing of the box & got side tracked later on. Still working on the drawing. The part at the top is what i can guess is a plug insert at the top of the box connected by thick gauge copper wire holding onto a small circuit board. The plug in sockets are slanted triangle boxes. More on the Cybermat here. https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=2452.msg139281#msg139281

Revenge Of The Cybermen (9).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (10).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (11).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (12).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (13).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (14).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (39).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (40).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (41).jpgRevenge Of The Cybermen (43).jpg

elkad

Did some quick research. I think the plug in circuit board is a couple bandanna plugs. Let me know what you think.

Banana-Plugs-4mm-Speaker-Tattoo-Stackable-8PCS-361951648095-2.JPG

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: elkad on Mar 13, 2024, 01:22 pmDid some quick research. I think the plug in circuit board is a couple bandanna plugs. Let me know what you think.

Banana-Plugs-4mm-Speaker-Tattoo-Stackable-8PCS-361951648095-2.JPG

Good spot, but that's banana, not bandanna ;)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

elkad

bandanna.... :[ ..... XO CURSE YOU SPELL CHECK!