News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Models

Started by fivefingeredstyre, May 01, 2020, 02:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fivefingeredstyre

More of the same!

fivefingeredstyre

Isn't January the dullest month? Too cold and wet to do the jobs that I need to get on with outside, so I thought I'd kill the time by having some more fun messing about with my TARDIS models...

You know the routine, nothing dramatic or fancy but a few of short clips of classic series TARDISes doing their things in unusual places, set to some music.

Well, I find it relaxing, hopefully you do too?

As ever all TARDISes used in this video are 7th scale physical models I've built and filmed over the years. The background footage and music are purchased video and audio...

Oh and there's a "no-Prize" in the make-belive post for the first person to identify two atmospheric sound effects I may have borrows from the classic series...

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Feb 04, 2024, 10:14 pmIsn't January the dullest month? Too cold and wet to do the jobs that I need to get on with outside, so I thought I'd kill the time by having some more fun messing about with my TARDIS models...

You know the routine, nothing dramatic or fancy but a few of short clips of classic series TARDISes doing their things in unusual places, set to some music.

As ever all TARDISes used in this video are 7th scale physical models I've built and filmed over the years. The background footage and music are purchased video and audio...

Oh and there's a "no-Prize" in the make-belive post for the first person to identify two atmospheric sound effects I may have borrows from the classic series...

Awesome work again! (Love the Floyd reference 🥰)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

ciderman

Quote from: Rassilons Rod on Feb 04, 2024, 10:59 pm
Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Feb 04, 2024, 10:14 pmIsn't January the dullest month? Too cold and wet to do the jobs that I need to get on with outside, so I thought I'd kill the time by having some more fun messing about with my TARDIS models...

Awesome work again! (Love the Floyd reference 🥰)
lovely work! 🥰 Just a small ask, if ever you do a crop circle again, can you make it the Seal of Rassilon? I always thought if I was showrunner and I would bring back Gallifrey I would end each episode with charachters pointing at 'something'and then revealling in the penultimate episode the Timelords returning with the seal at various locations.
Lovely stuff! 🥰

fivefingeredstyre

Yep! I know... More of the usual. Sometimes, I just don't know when to stop.

Let's face it, February is just as miserable, damp and dreary a month as January so what else is there to do than play with my model footage?

You know the drill, nothing dramatic or fancy but a few of short clips of classic series TARDISes doing their things in unusual places, set to some music. I still find watching the TARDIS idly spin, land and take off relaxing, and I think I'm in good company here...

This time around I was playing with Rotoscoping and more motion tracking in After Effects. There's a few frames where the motion isn't as smooth or stable as I would like, but it's early days with regards to my skill level. Hopefully they hold up without too much scrutiny. You would not believe how many times I thought I'd finished with the rotoscoping, only to find a stray leaf disappearing from shot!

As ever all TARDISes used in this video are the 7th scale physical models I've built upthread. The background footage and music are purchased video and audio.