Mar 29, 2024, 05:39 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

14th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver SPOILERS

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Jan 14, 2023, 01:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

Jan 14, 2023, 01:11 am Last Edit: Jan 14, 2023, 06:18 pm by Cardinal Hordriss
Not sure i like it. I wonder if the top half rotates...

This is a fan made guess based on fuzzy pics - this is it.

FlvzXPaXEAESuvC.jpeg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

rocca

Well, actually it is a fan-made rendering based on the pics from the set that we got some time ago.

The rendering is made by Little Shop Props and in their original post on Instagram they said:

"Here's our interpretation of the new Prop used in the 60th Anniversary. Naturally this has been made with blurry screenshots and a few other sources, but remains just our best guess work."

I honestly can't wait to see the new sonic, they've done a great job trying to mock up something from the shots we've got but I feel like we are missing a lot of information and details of the original like the handle and the lower section.

Angelus Lupus

That... is disappointingly ugly. 
I thought the comic strip had him with Jodie's sonic but lit blue? I'm almost surprised they haven't brought back the 10th Doctor's sonic along with the reheated remains of the 10th Doctor.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

elkad

Cardinal Hordriss

Jan 14, 2023, 06:17 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2023, 06:19 pm by Cardinal Hordriss
Quote from: rocca on Jan 14, 2023, 02:50 pmWell, actually it is a fan-made rendering based on the pics from the set that we got some time ago.

The rendering is made by Little Shop Props and in their original post on Instagram they said:

"Here's our interpretation of the new Prop used in the 60th Anniversary. Naturally this has been made with blurry screenshots and a few other sources, but remains just our best guess work."

I honestly can't wait to see the new sonic, they've done a great job trying to mock up something from the shots we've got but I feel like we are missing a lot of information and details of the original like the handle and the lower section.

Oh bugger. I thought that's what I'd put. Hang on.

EDIT - I'd put isn't instead of is. Autocorrect but I should have double checked.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

Cardinal Hordriss

Jul 20, 2023, 10:58 pm #6 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2023, 06:04 am by Cardinal Hordriss
The top half looks like a bottle opener. Possibly a nod to the sound people using one for the sound of Tenant handling his original screwdriver?

Definite Matt Smith sonic vibes too.

31xHwMgl9lL._AC_SR300,300.jpg

elkad

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Jul 20, 2023, 10:58 pmThe top half looks like a bottle opener. Possibly a nod to the sound people using one for the sound of Tenant handling his original screwdriver?

(Idea for another sonic design. That might be a good concept to go on in making one. If I can get around to it.) I'm guessing the sonic prongs are spring loaded & pop out when pushed out.

redfern

Quote from: elkad on Jul 21, 2023, 01:45 pmI'm guessing the sonic prongs are spring loaded & pop out when pushed out.

Saw a review on YouTube.  Yeah, when the slider button is pushed forward the front half extends a tad and the prongs "splay" outward.  The slider button is also the light & sounds switch, cycling through 5 different audio settings.  Well, so the reviewer claimed.  His audio mix was rather subpar so one could just barely hear the audio clips.  The back end functions as a ratchet knob that 'clicks" when rotated, implying one is tuning the screwdriver to different settings.  Too bad that action was not linked to the audio, thus allowing a user to adjust the tool to the sound they specifically desire rather than running through a cycle.  The shelf version will not have the silver and brass electroplating, but rather the grey tinted plastic as with previous releases.

If I can find the video or another, I'll try to link it.

LeoCor

Shame that they're not making all releases in the electro-plating. I think they announced that due to the success of this sonic's first run, their gonna do one more in the deluxe finish, and then make all future releases in the duller paint. My only problem is that they also said that the sonic would only be available from their website, which means getting it shipped here to the U.S. is an extra £30, and that's if the option works. I tried ordering it during this first run, and the website wouldn't let me select U.S. shipping at checkout.

elkad

Quote from: redfern on Jul 21, 2023, 02:36 pm
Quote from: elkad on Jul 21, 2023, 01:45 pmI'm guessing the sonic prongs are spring loaded & pop out when pushed out.

Saw a review on YouTube.  Yeah, when the slider button is pushed forward the front half extends a tad and the prongs "splay" outward.  The slider button is also the light & sounds switch, cycling through 5 different audio settings.  Well, so the reviewer claimed.  His audio mix was rather subpar so one could just barely hear the audio clips.  The back end functions as a ratchet knob that 'clicks" when rotated, implying one is tuning the screwdriver to different settings.  Too bad that action was not linked to the audio, thus allowing a user to adjust the tool to the sound they specifically desire rather than running through a cycle.  The shelf version will not have the silver and brass electroplating, but rather the grey tinted plastic as with previous releases.

If I can find the video or another, I'll try to link it.

I had to look it up.

redfern

Quote from: elkad on Jul 22, 2023, 05:07 pmI had to look it up.

Well, you saved me the trouble.  That's the review I saw.

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: elkad on Jul 21, 2023, 01:45 pm
Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Jul 20, 2023, 10:58 pmThe top half looks like a bottle opener. Possibly a nod to the sound people using one for the sound of Tenant handling his original screwdriver?

(Idea for another sonic design. That might be a good concept to go on in making one. If I can get around to it.) I'm guessing the sonic prongs are spring loaded & pop out when pushed out.

Iris Wildthyme had a sonic corkscrew so there is precedent and if anyone could make one it's you.

redfern

Somebody discovered some "secret" settings.  I wonder if the "non-electroplated" version will have them?

fivefingeredstyre

This screwdriver reminds me of a garden sprinkler head...