Apr 19, 2024, 10:50 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Crich Box

Started by Andrew Harvey, Sep 08, 2022, 11:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

I dont know if anyone else has seen this, but it may be of interest. I could not do a right click job on the pictures, but they show the box all stripped of paint and under repair.

https://british-police-history.uk/f/preserving-our-heritage

Rassilons Rod

FWIW, I was able to rightlcick the image. But a notice also came up saying that republishing the images is not ok. So on that note, I think we would be in violation of their rules by posting it here. Which is a shame, but best not to piss them off. :)

Quote from: Andrew Harvey on Sep 08, 2022, 11:59 pmI dont know if anyone else has seen this, but it may be of interest. I could not do a right click job on the pictures, but they show the box all stripped of paint and under repair.

https://british-police-history.uk/f/preserving-our-heritage
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Andrew Harvey

Sep 09, 2022, 09:15 am #2 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2022, 09:25 am by Rassilons Rod
Quote from: Rassilons Rod on Sep 09, 2022, 06:55 amFWIW, I was able to rightlcick the image. But a notice also came up saying that republishing the images is not ok. So on that note, I think we would be in violation of their rules by posting it here. Which is a shame, but best not to piss them off. :)

Yes, Rassilons Rod, Its a pity, but we must play straight. Er...Any chance you might email the pictures to me? After all, its not re-publishing anything, and they would sit very well among all the others I have!
  Andrew

I've done this wrong again! Ah well, that's me and machines! If I had a real Tardis I would really never know where I would end up!

Andrew Harvey

Well, happily, I have found the pictures of this box during its renovations and saved them for my collection... If anyone is interested, you just need to search for 'Crich tramway village police box' and there they all are. I am not sure about copyright infringements, so I have not bothered to include the images here.
  Some of them are rather good and show the texture of the concrete very well. Whilst having a little search, I also happened upon a site called 'Ghost monuments' where a chap has been putting digital police boxes back in their natural habitats. The pictures are good, and some of them rather amusing!

Andrew