1/48th scale Met Box & Glasgow box plans in colour!

Started by Andrew Harvey, Sep 03, 2022, 09:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

A while ago whilst doing the build on the 1/48th scale box I mentioned having coloured these drawings in. Unfortunately the 'red' colour seems to have 'smeached' at some stage. Jpeg's do corrupt a bit after time too it would seem. The blue ones seem to be alright. The red ones are fine in the larger scale of 1/35th and will follow on from this post.
  'Smeach' is a Cornish word we use to describe things smudging or the foul smoke which comes from burning sausages and things of that ilk.
  If any of you wish to have a go at building these models, as mentioned before you may like to strengthen the walls with plastic card, cut out the windows to insert transparent plastic and use thicker card to bolster out the roof stacks and base. In my last 1/48th build I stuffed milliput into the cavity of the roof, making it stronger. Some lengths of styrene strip work well inside the pillars and make superfluous the need for the very fiddly inserts which go into the tops.
  I am currently building another one of these, this time printed on styrene sheet ( roughed up with sand paper on one side so that the printer would grab it and see it through.) The only problem with this, is that the colour inks will not take to the plastic and must be handled very carefully. It is better to copy them onto styrene sheet in just the plain outline and even then there will be some smudging. Printed onto thick paper/thin card is best, you can always make tracings to make them from styrene.

Simply print out on A4 sheets making note to tick the box where it it says 'fit to frame' so that you get the whole thing in. ( Otherwise it will try to fill the page and you will lose lots of bits).

Have fun.
    Andrew

Scale Reference Sheet 1-48th Scale Police Box (Met Box) Mk 1 A4 (with ruler) 01b.jpg
  Plain plan just to save time looking!

Scale Reference Sheet 1-48th Scale Police Box (Met Box) Mk 1 Dark Blue A4 (with ruler) 01b.jpg

Scale Reference Sheet 1-48th Scale Police Box ) Blue Mk 1 A4 (with ruler) 01b.jpg

Scale Reference Sheet 1-48th Scale Police Box Glasgow type A4 (with ruler) 01b.jpg

Scale Reference Sheet 1-48th Scale Police Box Glasgow type Blue A4 (with ruler) 01b.jpg

Scale Reference Sheet 1-48th Scale Police Box Glasgow type Red A4 (with ruler) 01bc.jpg

Scale Reference Sheet 1-48th Scale Police Box Glasgow type Red A4 (with ruler) 01b.jpg

I think part of the problem with the 'smeaching' is the resizing for the site. If anyone wants the full sized plans they are welcome to email me and I am more than happy to send them on.