Mar 29, 2024, 07:09 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

An Unearthly Project.....

Started by Rassilons Rod, Aug 22, 2022, 06:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Volpone on Feb 04, 2023, 02:19 pmI'm surprised the Knossos Throne chair is that small, compared to everything else. Just goes to show perception and memory are unreliable.

You're making me want to check my scaling 😁😁
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Volpone

I'm sure you're right.  Just one example:  A couple years ago my microwave died.  Since I'm kind of OCD I still had the box, so I checked the size to make sure I got one that was the right size and would fit my space.  Then I got to the store and the size I was supposed to need looked tiny.  I'd just written it down directly off the box so there could be no mistake but I didn't believe my eyes so I bought the next size up (which still looked awfully small).  I got it home and found that it was huge compared to my old one. Just in a big store, around bigger microwaves it looked small.  Relative dimensions and all. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Rassilons Rod

Maybe I'll try and recreate an existing photo with my next render, so we can compare :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.