Apr 27, 2024, 09:30 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

14th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver SPOILERS

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Jan 14, 2023, 01:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Jul 30, 2023, 09:36 pmThis screwdriver reminds me of a garden sprinkler head...

Like this?

Store Sprinkler Head.jpg

fivefingeredstyre

That's a building sprinkler, but its very similar. I was walking past the gardens at work on the day after the reveal, and there was a sprinkler set up that was really like it...

elkad

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Aug 06, 2023, 07:28 amThat's a building sprinkler, but its very similar. I was walking past the gardens at work on the day after the reveal, and there was a sprinkler set up that was really like it...

can you post a pic? Ive seen a lot a sprinklers & can't think of the one your talking about. :?

TG

I do think it's a lovely looking sonic (even if it does look a bit sprinkler-ish).

TG

As we've had a pink TARDIS (twice)

14th-Sonic-Barbie.jpg
Sonic Barbie-fied

And I've found an excellent use for the Cyberman rubber tea towel holder.

Cardinal Hordriss

Now I've got the toy I'm really not sure about the SFX.

The third sound made me laugh though. It's the heatray charging to fire in the 1953 War of the Worlds movie! Not sure how they got away with that but at least it made me chuckle.

Having seen both versions of the toy I think I prefer the standard edition. There's something cheap and nasty about the chrome.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Angelus Lupus

I've discovered another thing I don't like about this design: Not only does it look like a lazy/amateur hybrid of previous sonics from the build-your-own toy line, but it looks like it has elements for every Doctor from War/9 (the crystal at the tip) onwards except 13!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

ciderman

Yes its not my favourite. Its quite unoriginal and seems to be like a cross between a screw top light bulb and a tuning fork

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Aug 26, 2023, 09:43 pmI've discovered another thing I don't like about this design: Not only does it look like a lazy/amateur hybrid of previous sonics from the build-your-own toy line, but it looks like it has elements for every Doctor from War/9 (the crystal at the tip) onwards except 13!

TBH I'm hoping Bobby Ewing will come out of the shower in episode 1 of the next series and tell us all that 13 never happened.

I'm not seeing anything from the War Doctor's sonic.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Angelus Lupus

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Aug 28, 2023, 05:34 pmTBH I'm hoping Bobby Ewing will come out of the shower in episode 1 of the next series and tell us all that 13 never happened.
People still can't accept the the Doctor was a woman for one incarnation?  ::)

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Aug 28, 2023, 05:34 pmI'm not seeing anything from the War Doctor's sonic.
The crystal at the tip looks a bit War Doc to my eyes.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Aug 28, 2023, 06:57 pm
Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Aug 28, 2023, 05:34 pmTBH I'm hoping Bobby Ewing will come out of the shower in episode 1 of the next series and tell us all that 13 never happened.
People still can't accept the the Doctor was a woman for one incarnation?  ::)

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Aug 28, 2023, 05:34 pmI'm not seeing anything from the War Doctor's sonic.
The crystal at the tip looks a bit War Doc to my eyes.

It's got nothing to do with her being a woman. It's because so many of her stories were crap. I particularly hate the whole timeless child thing and senselessly destroying Gallifrey yet again.