More about the citadel miniatures 1986-7.

Started by Andrew Harvey, Mar 05, 2022, 01:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

I'm glad this is of interest to you! Well, I've had a dig about in my old trunk and found the old miniatures and have taken a few more snaps of them. Also I had a rummage in the old google wotsit and found some of the old ads for the figurines. I myself was very excited about these little white metal chaps back then, finding the Doctor and friends in the company of Vikings, dragons, trolls, Ogres and goblins was a revelation. A few years before I had tried to make convincing daleks from dough painted with enamels. Then plasticine, but it was no good. They just were not detailed enough!
  Anyway, citadel came to the rescue and suddenly you could get a small army of daleks! The line did not last long however, I believe the story is that FASA (who made the role playing game in america) did not have the correct copyright permissions and neither did citadel, so they stopped making them. I imagine that like most things they can sill be found on the old internet though.

The miniatures themselves are the bog standard 28-30mm wargame scale. I forgot to take a picture with a ruler next to one.

fly8603af-01.jpgfly8610f-01 (1).jpgWD80p62Various-01.jpgwd89p65-MD5ManglerPBS2DaleksCybers-01.jpgwd076198604p57-01.jpgIMG_6666b.jpgIMG_6667b.jpgIMG_6669b.jpgIMG_6670b.jpgIMG_6671b.jpgIMG_6673b.jpgIMG_6675b.jpgIMG_6677b.jpgIMG_6680b.jpgIMG_6681b.jpg

I also include here some pictures of my own Doctor Who miniatures in 1/48th scale. Sea devils ( which I think would benefit from a tail...so I have also included a rough sketch I made...) Cybermen and the Fendahl. ( N.B. The Daleks were not made by me but Davros was. The emperor was a conversion, and is a bit lop sided!)

IMG_6682b.jpgIMG_6683b.jpgIMG_6686b.jpgIMG_6687b.jpgIMG_6688b.jpgIMG_6692b.jpgIMG_1367 Silurians (30).JPG IMG_1367 Silurians (33).JPGIMG_1367 Silurians (34).JPG

russellsuthern

Wow, they made loads!

The first Doctor model does look terrifying, for sure.

The Sea Devil sketches with tails look good,too.  :)

Thanks for the info.

Russell

Andrew Harvey

The first Doctor miniature fell on his nose from a great height (the kitchen table) and I had quite a job to 'squish' it back into shape! Which may be the reason he looks a bit scary! I am glad you enjoyed the Sea Devils with tails, I have an unfinished colour picture with one riding a Mosasaur underwater. I'll post it up later on, even in its unfinished state.
  Thanks
  Andrew