Apr 19, 2024, 08:18 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Season 22 Collection trailer TARDIS

Started by vortexvisuals, Jan 21, 2022, 09:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vortexvisuals

It's exciting news that Season 22 is next up for the blu ray collection range.

The trailer for the boxset included an interesting TARDIS design. We see a hybrid of Newbery and Yardley-Jones...kind of. I assume that a Newbery fan build was used on-set but something had to be done to make it look more Yardley-Jones. The result was...different.
s22Tbg reduced.jpg

I couldn't help but render a contemporary TARDIS shell...
s22Tbg reduced 1.jpg

peterjohn

For some reason the Sign, Roof and Lamp were CGI'd! 🤔

moonbeam

I wonder if this is the Newbury prop that Mark Barton Hill/Timerotor built? He doesn't seem to post on here anymore (unless I've missed it) it's just that I'm sure he said in his build thread he was able to use some parts from the actual prop, mainly windows I think.

peterjohn

Quote from: moonbeam on Jan 22, 2022, 12:45 pmI wonder if this is the Newbury prop that Mark Barton Hill/Timerotor built?

If his Facebook names is Markyj then yes it is the same person! 😂

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: moonbeam on Jan 22, 2022, 12:45 pmI wonder if this is the Newbury prop that Mark Barton Hill/Timerotor built? He doesn't seem to post on here anymore (unless I've missed it) it's just that I'm sure he said in his build thread he was able to use some parts from the actual prop, mainly windows I think.
Yeah, its Mark's, he sent me some pictures of it on location the other day. Have to say it looks so much nicer as the original prop than in the trailer!

Kingpin

Thought the panel and window proportions looked Newberry-esque.

The perspective on the modified base hurts my brain.

Was a nice seeing Peri again, and the reference to Yrcanos.