Apr 20, 2024, 12:43 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Season 20 5 Doctors console plans

Started by Scarfwearer, Aug 22, 2009, 11:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lespaceplie

Thanks! I still plan to contribute, but it would be great to have all the plans in your illustrated format - particularly as I'm spread thin with various projects.

galacticprobe

Sep 09, 2016, 06:38 am #61 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2016, 06:38 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: lespaceplie on Sep 08, 2016, 10:21 pm
Thanks! I still plan to contribute...

This is great to hear. I have to agree with Tony; what you've done so far, especially with that intricate "Wedding Cake" known as the "Five Doctors" console's central column is amazing! I know you're spread thin, but I still wish we could see more of your presence on the Forum. (I do know that life comes first; just know that Tony is right in his praise of your work.)

...but it would be great to have all the plans in your illustrated format...

And here I have to agree with you. Tony's drawings are top-notch. I don't even consider them "fan drawn" diagrams. They're just too well done. They could be considered Artist Renditions or maybe more accurately, Professional Diagrams, as they show everything as it should be, and not just those "as intended" studio blueprints, which weren't built exactly as drawn - but they were built exactly as Tony has drawn.

So if anyone came along 50 years from now and wanted to re-create the original Brachacki console room set exactly as it was seen on screen, then Tony's drawings would be the ones to go by.

To put it simply: you are both brilliant and contribute invaluably to our Reference Section!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tony farrell

Thanks! I still plan to contribute, but it would be great to have all the plans in your illustrated format - particularly as I'm spread thin with various projects.

I want to finish the Kenneth Sharp version of the Console (and The Three Doctors Tardis interior) first but, if you want to message me, I'm sure we could come to an arrangement to do this.

Nathan/warmcanofcoke has done some excellent work with the dimensions of the Five Doctors Tardis interior walls. If the moderators feel that it would be appropriate, I could create a 'one stop' reference 'article' for the entire Mike Kelt Tardis interior.

T

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Sep 09, 2016, 07:58 amIf the moderators feel that it would be appropriate, I could create a 'one stop' reference 'article' for the entire Mike Kelt Tardis interior.

T

Is the sun an orange whirly thing in space?  :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Sep 10, 2016, 04:52 am #64 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2016, 05:19 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Sep 09, 2016, 09:05 am
Is the sun an orange whirly thing in space?  :D

Well, technically it's a Main Sequence Spectral Class G2V yellow dwarf "whirly thing in space":
G=Main Sequence Yellow Dwarf;
2=surface temp, approx. 5,800 Kelvin;
V=Luminosity, about 3.828 x 1026 Watts.

(It's the astronomer in me - see my web site link in my profile - but with a little color adjustment as that huge ball of plasma is near rising and setting, it definitely takes on an orangey appearance. ;) ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

I was quoting Cat from Red Dwarf :p
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

ionsith

I want to finish the Kenneth Sharp version of the Console (and The Three Doctors Tardis interior) first but, if you want to message me, I'm sure we could come to an arrangement to do this.

Nathan/warmcanofcoke has done some excellent work with the dimensions of the Five Doctors Tardis interior walls. If the moderators feel that it would be appropriate, I could create a 'one stop' reference 'article' for the entire Mike Kelt Tardis interior.

T
[/quote]

That will go really well with the TY-J article when it hits the boards (heavy hinting!!!!) :D

tony farrell

Marc has promised me the TY-J article will be posted today! (Fingers crossed).  :)

T

ionsith

In that case I will be checking every 10 minutes from now until it appears :D

tony farrell

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Sep 10, 2016, 12:10 pm
Marc has promised me the TY-J article will be posted today! (Fingers crossed).  :)

T

Here is a link to it: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=6965.0

T

galacticprobe

Sep 11, 2016, 04:22 am #70 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 04:27 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Sep 10, 2016, 08:07 am
I was quoting Cat from Red Dwarf :p

Oh, right. Well then... I can't remember every quote from 'Red Dwarf', especially since I haven't seen an episode in at least a year or so. And now that the BBC has pulled it from Netflix and Hulu I'm not likely to see any episodes of it (or any other BBC show) until they get their own streaming channel up and running, and available in the US - which I hope will be soon since I've recently learned they're making 'Red Dwarf XI'!

And, Tony: an amazing article as usual, from what I've read of it so far (made it through Page 2 before my eyes started watering; I really must remember to - well - blink... at least when I'm reading your articles. I can't wait to get stuck into the other pages!

Dino.

tony farrell

The new series of Red Dwarf has actually been commissioned by UKTV rather than by the BBC, so I'm not sure if BBC America or the BBC's streaming channel will show it on your side of the pond.

Anyway, that aside, this thread is about the Kelt Console, so it was a bit naughty of me to 'plug' my TY-J article here. Apologies for that. I hope that Lespaceplie will post his 'tweaked' diagrams of the Kelt Console soon for us to enjoy!  :)

T

omarvance

What's the latest on these plans for one stop articles on 3 and 5s console rooms?

Quote from: ionsith on Sep 10, 2016, 12:03 pm

T

tony farrell

Newbery Tardis exterior - coming soon. Then the Three Doctors Tardis interior and - depending on how Lespaceplie and Nathan want to play it - the Five Doctors interior!

T

warmcanofcoke

Oct 19, 2016, 12:46 am #74 Last Edit: Oct 19, 2016, 12:48 am by warmcanofcoke
Tony you may use any info or pictures from my ramblings toward this project. I want to Advance the reaches of TARDIS Building Science. So use what you like from me.  ;)

Nate
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.