Reference pictures:Mk Ia Console (Refurb 2) (1977)

Started by Scarfwearer, May 13, 2009, 11:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rob49152

The little white dots on the red line are numbers for that particular panel.
*     panel 1
**   panel 2
*** panel 3 and so on

Dalex

Photos from the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff...

IMG_20515.JPG
IMG_20516.JPG
IMG_20517.JPG
IMG_20519.JPG
IMG_20521.JPG
Dalex

Dalex

FYI I have more photos to post but the forum kicks me out during the upload. (Might be some anti-spam thing as I've already posted a bunch of photos in another thread.)

Will try again later...
Dalex

galacticprobe

Aug 21, 2016, 06:46 am #18 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 06:46 am by galacticprobe
Dale, it could just be your photos. Remember that if the photos are PNG format, there is a 500k limit on the file size. If they're JPG format, there isn't supposed to be a file size limit, but there is a pixel size limit. (I know 2,000 x 2,000 pixel JPGs will post, but I'm not sure how much larger that goes.)

So check your file format and file size as this could be an easy fix if all you needed to do was convert the photos from PNGs to JPGs.

I hope this helps, and those are some amazing photos! I look forward to seeing more, and thank you for sharing!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Dalex

Hey Dino,

Thanks for the tips, but it's not that.  I resized all my photos to 2000x1500 JPG format (and double-checked that I am indeed uploading the resized versions) and it definitely doesn't work.  The fact that the other photos succeeded, and the fact that TardisBuilders kicks me out with a blunt "connection reset" during the upload (as opposed to a user-friendly error message) makes me think it's a server-side issue.

I also tried uploading each photo separately, but that still doesn't work (dies on the second photo).  Maybe it is just an anti-spam thing, I'll try again later.

Cheers,
Alex
Dalex

Dalex

Photos continued...

IMG_20546.JPG
IMG_20547.JPG
IMG_20548.JPG
IMG_20549.JPG
IMG_20602.JPG
Dalex

Dalex

Dalex

zannyuk

Shots of panels with better details than I can see currently in this thread. (taken from youtube video of cardiff experience)

Screenshot from 2016-12-07 12-00-15.pngIMG_4586_zpsbjxkh3tu.jpg

zannyuk

One more, claims to be the old propsSEASON20CONSOLEpanelsTARDIS.jpg

davidnagel

Every new image is of the replica timerotor here was making (including that last one of yours) there are very few bits off the original console that survived. I don't think timerotor will pop back to confirm what, but I think he covered which bits exactly on his website.
Regards
David

tony farrell

Dec 30, 2016, 09:59 pm #25 Last Edit: Dec 30, 2016, 10:02 pm by Tony Farrell
A few reference pics of the original for you (from State of Decay I think):

fo7uUFQd.jpg
OeLkaz_U.jpg

And this ultra-rare high-def picture (from Logopolis) courtesy of my mate Si Hodges:

n8qd_JZe.jpg

T

tony farrell

And a few more HD photos for you. In this case all from "Terminus":

ZYLo0O7n.jpg
ZM04Hv6T.jpg
xg8JAfLH.jpg
QViBbiIw.jpg
mbZ148KF.jpg

(Because of their size, these are best viewed in a separate tab with the use of the 'magnifying glass'.)

T

davidnagel

Apr 16, 2017, 09:36 pm #27 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2017, 08:21 pm by davidnagel
vlcsnap-2017-04-15-22h23m52s402.pngvlcsnap-2017-04-15-22h24m32s903.png

from "The Invasion of Time"
Regards
David

Cardinal Hordriss

This is my favorite console but you really don't get much bang for your buck in terms of controls per square foot and quite a few of the controls, such as the black switches in these pics, are static glued on bits. As an actor I'd find it a bit limiting when pretending to fly this insanely complex ship with only about 4 working controls on some panels.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Scarfwearer

Apr 17, 2017, 01:24 pm #29 Last Edit: Apr 17, 2017, 01:28 pm by Scarfwearer
Wow.
When I was building my console around the turn of the century, my reference material mostly looked like this:
fuzzy-sharp.jpg
:D

Crispin