Model Tardis and Dalek pictures with paintshop effects etc....

Started by Andrew Harvey, Oct 17, 2021, 10:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

The pictures here have been put together by me using miniatures and bits of my art work. One of the Police boxes is one made from plans I uploaded to this website earlier today and has been painted in a 'concrete' style. Another is a resin cast of the originl Dinky toy, drilled out to house an LED.
   I have used myself as a generic 'Doctor Who' character. The Tardis interior is made of all sorts of bits and pieces. The walls were an old rubber doormat. Three of the girls were nicked from the internet, I have no idea who they were or are. ( one of them is from the nineteen thirties) The girl being exterminated was a life model I hired some years ago. The three 'Robo-men' were sculpted by me some years ago. All including the Tardis interior are in 1/17th scale.
  The Daleks are by citadel miniatures in the eighties, and some casts I made from a suitably scaled (1/61st) modern manufacturuer I found at a car boot. A larger 1/17th scale Dalek I believe is a bog standard version, although I do not recall the maker. I re-painted it from the bronze to a gunmetal and black.
  In one picture, there are some which I sculpted in 1/72nd, and 1/100th. A large explosion was created with a match head going off with a long exposure. All have had extensive use of paintshop. Which is easy once you get the hang of using layers.
  The Isopods are a real one which I caught in a pub toilet in Portreath, Cornwall when I had a cleaning job there some years ago. It was an inch and a half long and very livley! ( Ligea oceanica) I'm rather fond of Isopods....1930s TARDIS (1).jpgBridge Road Box 1b.jpgDalek Wars  (1).JPGDalek Wars  (6).JPGDalek Wars (3).JPGDalek Wars 2 (2).jpgDalek Wars 2 (3).jpgDalek Wars 2 (7).jpgDalek Wars 2 (9).jpgDaleks 30mm down to 15mm (20).JPGDaleks 30mm down to 15mm (21).JPGDaleks arrive on Thorus 2  (1).jpgDaleks Attack city b.jpgIctarin Mines.jpgPlanet of the Isopods (2).jpgTARDIS inside (8).JPGTARDIS inside (9)bc.jpgTARDIS 'Let's go!' 2.jpg
  I hope you all enjoy them!

russellsuthern

Great pictures.
They are very evocative & atmospheric.

I love the mix of model work & digital effects.

They must have taken ages to put together, but well worth it!

Regards,

Russell

Rassilons Rod

Nice work!!!!!

Is the beach shot a photo of Nanjizal Bay, by any chance?  :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Jade

I looked at the photos first before reading the text and actually thought you had used pictures of a younger John Hurt from somewhere as the Doctor. Fantastic work.

Andrew Harvey

Thank you all very much indeed for your kind comments! I am chuffed to bits! I actualy thought that nobody would really notice any of these here amongst so much other great Doctor Who stuff. In answer to your questions here, yes Russell, they do take a long time to put together, and there are many more still waiting completion! I suppose they would take about three nights each to work on, once, that is, you have built all the models and they take the longest time!
  Rassilon is nearly correct about the beach location; its actually Portreath, but a little way around a corner, only accessable at low tide. Its the only place which is not covered in foot prints! There is another location I have been experimenting with a mile or so further west, it has the most wonderful metamorphosed Devonian Age rocks, all the layers are broken and the harder layers stick out over the softer ones...So, in a way, the Isopods are a bit like the Trilobites which lived in the seas of that time.... I will be doing some more pictures there this winter. It used to be a quiet unknown place, but since the lock-downs the tourists have found it. ( Emits we call them!) ( In fact, some of the rocks in the one with the Dalek flying saucer are from that particular cove...)
  And thank you Jade for the John Hurt look alike bit! Interestingly, that was one of the last Doctor Who's I watched on TV, and I watched it because he was going to be in it. My girlfriend at that time turned to me and said 'They've been watching you!' I do indeed wear a heavy leather coat and boots, mostly as I have a motorbike, but I was for some time back then a street busker, so I suppose she might have been right! You never know!
  Thank you to you all!

Jam Jar Lurker

"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."