Apr 19, 2024, 11:45 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The KKLAK! console

Started by seanclarke1, Oct 09, 2021, 08:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

seanclarke1

Hello,

I recently purchased the book Kklak!: The Doctor Who Art of Chris Achilleos.

On page four is the following picture.

KKLAK.jpg

The picture is distorted due to me not wishing to damage the book when scanning the picture.

This console is new to me.  Can any one shed any light on it?

Best regards,
Sean Clarke.

davidnagel

This is the console that speedily made by a small team of people for Science of the Time Lords event at the National Space Centre a few years back.

Here's a badly framed image of my own, honestly didn't spend very long with it!

83305394_10157816327868397_2331188160983203840_n.jpg

I believe they churn this one out when they can't/wont afford another one. Previously Kevin Chapman's Tom Baker console had appeared.
Regards
David

Kingpin

Kind of a preview of what An Unearthly Child would've been like if it'd gotten half the budget it actually received.

Volpone

It's an interesting study in the time rotor.  I'm always surprised at just how big the time rotor is on the classic series console.  And then shocked and frustrated by the cost and lack of good options to make one.  This time rotor is, of course, out of proportion.  It doesn't look terrible at first glance, but the more you look at it, the more it bothers you subliminally. 

Interesting, how the time rotor is so much narrower in the '96 TVM, but it works because it is so completely different.  Different style console, rotor that goes to the ceiling...  When you've got a classic console and the rotor is too small it looks odd. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.