Apr 19, 2024, 02:58 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Need help 1/6 ScaleNewbury

Started by Suspect 27, Aug 27, 2021, 12:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Suspect 27

Aug 27, 2021, 12:14 am Last Edit: Sep 05, 2021, 01:59 am by Suspect 27
Me and my grandad have been building one of Jamie bates Tardis (it looks like his I brought it off eBay)and it's not looking to good since it's been left for ages the woods warped and I've lost the deciles. Does anyone know specifically what to use for the pebbled windows and where can I get the police signs to print off and one last thing the edges of this box need to be "slanted" mine didn't come with these so any ideas I'll post pictures but it says the file side is too big I'll try to fix that      (I have more photo of it more recent but The file size is too big and idk how to reduce the size)

alextheyellowthing

Aug 29, 2021, 09:00 am #1 Last Edit: Aug 29, 2021, 09:08 am by alextheyellowthing
Quote from: Suspect 27 on Aug 27, 2021, 12:14 amMe and my grandad have been building one of Jamie bates tardis (it looks like his I brought it off eBay)and it's not looking to good since it's been left for ages the woods warped and I've lost the deciles. Does anyone know specifically what to use for the pebbled windows and where can I get the police signs to print off and one last thing the edges of this box need to be "slanted" mine didn't come with these so any ideas I'll post pictures but it says the file side is too big I'll try to fix that

For the warping, i would suggest you to put the pieces flat with big book or somethin flat and heavy weighted. If it doesn't solve the problème, try and humidifie the thing a touch and put it back under weight

For the windows, try and look for textured films, plastic container lids with textures, or anything (cotage cheeze boxes, table sets, etc.)

For the decals, i'm a try and re try guy, but there must be better solutions.
And finaly for the slanted edges, i wouldnt suggest sanding. Maybe if you have super glue to solidifie the wood again. I've seen some videos where a guy uses cardboard to make the slanted pannels, but i guess any good filler and patience can do the job