Apr 18, 2024, 03:24 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

River Song's Sonic Screwdriver Replica

Started by rocca, Aug 16, 2021, 06:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rocca

Hi everyone! Last week I started making this metal replica of the River Song's Sonic Screwdriver. This is my first time using the lathe and the milling machine but I think it is turning out great.
Once finished with all the metalwork I hope to paint it with green weathering like the original and I will also add lights and sounds. Hope you all like it!
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-15 at 21.21.56 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-15 at 21.21.56 (2).jpeg

rocca

Finally some updates!
I've finally managed to finish making every single piece and now I only need to paint and assemble it.
Every screw will be replaced with some grub screws and some minor adjustments will be done to the brass plate in the front. I'll also add lights and sounds.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-13 at 17.15.28.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-13 at 17.15.28 (1).jpeg

Davros Skaro

Your very skilled indeed in making this, well done, it's a brilliant job that you have done.  :)  8)
Chris.

fridaysgoldfish

Cardinal Hordriss

How did this pan out in the end? It looks so good. It's one of my all time favourite props from the series.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

rocca

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Oct 30, 2023, 12:44 amHow did this pan out in the end? It looks so good. It's one of my all time favourite props from the series.

Still unfinished! I managed to solder the tiny bits near the top brass ring and the ones on the emitter but I still haven't attached the finger ring to the main body. Once I manage to do so I will be able to paint it. Oh I also managed to find the right slide switches and I finished all the electronics

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: rocca on Oct 30, 2023, 06:52 am
Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Oct 30, 2023, 12:44 amHow did this pan out in the end? It looks so good. It's one of my all time favourite props from the series.

Still unfinished! I managed to solder the tiny bits near the top brass ring and the ones on the emitter but I still haven't attached the finger ring to the main body. Once I manage to do so I will be able to paint it. Oh I also managed to find the right slide switches and I finished all the electronics

Sounds great. It looks really good unpainted tbh so I'd have been tempted to leave it but I look forward to seeing it.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

elkad

Cool, can't wait to see more.