Apr 20, 2024, 07:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

First Doctor Ring

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Oct 31, 2019, 03:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Davros Skaro

Thanks for the input everyone, appreciated, it will all help.

:) :D

Chris.
Chris.

cosmichobo02

Just the band that goes around the finger

Cardinal Hordriss

Mar 03, 2020, 06:21 pm #47 Last Edit: Mar 05, 2020, 02:21 am by Cardinal Hordriss
This is the nearest I can find to the Bradley version -

received_1242328159299745.jpeg

Quite nice in its own way.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Volpone

I like that these have the big gem but still manage to look masculine.  The one I use is a cheap Wal*Mart women's ring.  Works fine for cosplay, but definitely not something I'd wear otherwise.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: Volpone on Nov 30, 2021, 06:16 pmI like that these have the big gem but still manage to look masculine.  The one I use is a cheap Wal*Mart women's ring.  Works fine for cosplay, but definitely not something I'd wear otherwise.

I've got one of these but with a blue tiger's eye stone and it looks great but I think I'll get the one above as a more accurate alternative. I've been wearing the tiger's eye one for a while now and I don't think it looks particularly feminine or masculine.

Cardinal Hordriss

Well... the second ring arrived and isn't even the same as in the pictures. The stone is also smaller so I'd go with the Blue Tiger's Eye.

Screenshot_20211206-194034_eBay.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

I've finally found the ring I'm happy with. It's the right size and shape of stone and is an actual crystal - lapis lazuli. It looks just right. In the pics on ebay it looked good but not nearly as good as in person. I've done my best to take pics, I hope you like it.

I wasn't able to photograph it very well, especially while trying to avoid showing the ugly scars on my hands but it looks just right in person.

20211225_211847.jpg

20211225_211839.jpg

20211225_211823.jpg

20211225_211817.jpg