Apr 19, 2024, 10:54 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Caves of Androzani Belt Plate Build

Started by elkad, Jul 30, 2021, 03:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

Reference: https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=10895.0

I marked out the box & the corresponding lines. It's a good thing I did the 9mm holes which now I decided to do 8 mm. Actually I'm not sure now. I'll have to look at my drill set to see witch is the closest.
Anyway, drawing out the holes gave me an Idea were to put them now.

Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (1).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (2).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (3).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (4).jpg

elkad

I realigned my holes & looked at my bits for the right size.
The closest I could find in my drill set is 3/8 9.5mm or 5/16 7.2mm.
I could have a wide gap between the holes & keep it safe, or take a chance & have a very close gap & risk the gap braking between lines.
I'm going with the 5/16" bit.

Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (5).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (6).jpg

I did a test hole on how to paper mache the hole. I used a 5/16" dowel to push the paper in the hole. I found cutting a small square for the hole & then cutting in on all fore sides of the square relieves tension & leaves the divot with less bumpy lines or veins.
When pushing the dowel into the hole, make sure its clean of glue or it will stick & pull the paper out again. I find adding a tiny bit of glue in the divot seals up any possible cracks in the paper,if you get any form pushing the paper to hard.
(BTW: I'm using Gorilla glue, & it dry's very quickly. So expect sticky fingers.)

Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (7).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (8).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (9).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (10).jpg

I made the base of the belt plate of two circles. The top, full of holes, the bottom, & a cardboard ribbon.
I made the base before I mached the holes. I wanted to layer over the side.

Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (11).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (12).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (13).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (14).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (15).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (16).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (17).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (18).jpg

elkad

Now for the wire like lines on each of the for corners of the square panel.
I took some measured square paper strips & wound them up on a straiten peace of hanger wire. I slipped the role of the wire & continued to roll it until it was extremely tight. I then unrolled the tip slightly & dabbed a small drop of glue & rolled it back up. The glue dried quickly & I had to make 19 more....

Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (19).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (20).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (21).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (22).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (23).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (24).jpg

I started with the center line & added two on ether side.Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (25).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (26).jpg

I painted it. I still need to add the red band on the side.

Your opinion on the size, what do you think, smaller, bigger?

Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (27).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (28).jpg

I'll be doing another in PVC pipe. :D

elkad

elkad

Made a quick belt clip from a scrap of PVC. Sand, then heat the plastic & use a wood dowel to fold the tip out & the mid point, then press the two ends close together til it cools. I cut a slit in the cardboard back pulled the clip apart to stuff the clip in the hole & glued it.

Caves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (33).jpgCaves Of Andrizoni Belt Plate (34).jpg